The Student Room Group

Medicine interview preparation course by PassMedical.

UCAS has sent me an email recomending PassMedical courses, but I cant find any feed back on them. Has anyone been on this course or any other similar ones (e.g AceMedicine, ICS medicine etc.). I would like advice from people who have experience of the courses or know people who have been on them, not just judgmental people, or people saying to "be myself". I get really nervous in interviews so ramble and stutter. I need to learn how to structure answers and be more prepared to calm my nerves. The course is £139 and added to the cost of hotel and coach the trip will cost me £200 and 6.5 hours travelling each way. Is it worth it?
Original post by CocoBandicoot
UCAS has sent me an email recomending PassMedical courses, but I cant find any feed back on them. Has anyone been on this course or any other similar ones (e.g AceMedicine, ICS medicine etc.). I would like advice from people who have experience of the courses or know people who have been on them, not just judgmental people, or people saying to "be myself". I get really nervous in interviews so ramble and stutter. I need to learn how to structure answers and be more prepared to calm my nerves. The course is £139 and added to the cost of hotel and coach the trip will cost me £200 and 6.5 hours travelling each way. Is it worth it?

Get some guidebooks, make some flashcards and practice repeatedly with a friend or family member - £200 is a lot of money!

I found these books very useful:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Interviews-Questions-Analysed-Includes-Multiple-Mini-Interviews/dp/1905812051
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Succeeding-your-Medical-School-Interview/dp/1445381524

If your main issue is nerves then what you need is more practice - you can get that at home without having to spend a fortune.
Reply 2
Original post by CocoBandicoot

im also attending a interview preparation course but Med School Admissions are holding it, it may sound like a stupid question, but what do you wear to these courses? Do i dress smart or casual as they will be holding a mock interview as well :/
Reply 3
UCAS hasn't recommended them. They've just paid money to have the advert - that's all it is, an advert. UCAS aren't saying this company is great or anything like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending