The Student Room Group

LSE 2015 Postgraduate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Hi, has anyone had an offer for MSc Development Studies? My application was under consideration on 16th December, so just wanting to know when I can expect a decision! Thanks :smile:
Original post by kennn
I feel almost sick. In the 8th week and no word from msc economics. Has anyone else heard?

I got my LSE ID on 24th of november and received a conditional offer for the MSc economics on 15th of january
Reply 302
Original post by Jukina
I got my LSE ID on 24th of november and received a conditional offer for the MSc economics on 15th of january

Do you feel more time increases ones likelihood of getting an offer?
Original post by kennn
Do you feel more time increases ones likelihood of getting an offer?

From what I know they don't reply faster when it's a negative decision.
They examine applications by the order of receiving them and then send the decisions to the admission office which upload the information under the same method.
Iv'e been there, done all these speculations too so I totally understand how you feel.
Stay positive that's the best thing you can do :smile:
Yeah, I applied MSc Economics as well. Got my ID on 3rd Dec, going to my 8th week next week and still have not heard anything yet.
Reply 305
Accepted to MSc. Dev Management!!
do postgrads stay in dorms like urbannest/nido?

ALso is there a facebook group for offer holders.
Original post by bijl
Accepted to MSc. Dev Management!!
do postgrads stay in dorms like urbannest/nido?

ALso is there a facebook group for offer holders.

congrats mate, how long did it take to hear from them?
Reply 307
Original post by mjshomali
congrats mate, how long did it take to hear from them?

Took 7 weeks. long long long wait. I ended up refreshing the page late last night and there it was.
Reply 308
Received an offer for Lse IMEX programme. Guys do you know how strong the the career prospects for this course (and in general at lse) are? I'd be interested in consulting
Original post by dovidov
Unfortunately i received a rejection from both my choices. However I am thinking of paying the extra fee in order to apply to another 2 extra options (this is possible). Does anyone know to what extent this is worth it? Do you guys think they will they still consider my new choices in parity with someone who sends a brand new application, or will i immediately be at a disadvantage having been rejected from my other two choices?

My LSE application was weaker than the ones I sent to other top uni's (Sciences Po, College of Europe) partly due to the fact that I sent it off at the very beginning in a bit of a rush, with a weaker reference and weaker personal statement - which I improved significantly for my other applications. So I think i can make a stronger application this time which could make a difference. What do you guys think? Even though I can get into other Uni's i really want to exhaust my options for LSE if I still have some.

How long did u wait for the response?
How long did u wait for your response?
Got a rejection from MSc economics but still waiting for my second choice. Does anyone know how long it takes to get reply from the second choice. Do i need to wait for another 8 weeks? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pt08la
Hi, has anyone had an offer for MSc Development Studies? My application was under consideration on 16th December, so just wanting to know when I can expect a decision! Thanks :smile:

Hi I am waiting for the decision on my application for the same course. My application was also under consideration during the same week, pursuant to which they asked for further academic transcripts which I submitted on 21 December. I received an email on 5 Jan that they have received all documentation.

I am wondering if 8 weeks start from 5 Jan or the original date when I submitted my application which is last week of November.
waited for 7 weeks still heard nothing from LSE...
Reply 314
Original post by ExtraK
Hi, Unfortunately I'm very behind on my application and hoping to complete my application by next week? Will this greatly hinder the likely hood of my application being successful. I'm applying for International Relations and Global Politics. I go to a R.G. but have a mixture of past results due to ill health, but am on course for at least a 2.1. Any/all advice would be really appreciate :-)

Hey there! I, too, applied very late. Just sent mine in two days ago for the MSc Comparative Politics and the MSc Gender. I'm from the US, but I believe I have the equivalent of a high 2:1 or a low first. Pretty nervous, but I figured that I might as well give it a shot! I didn't want to wait a whole 'nother year.
Reply 315
Hi all, have a bit of a weird situation with my application and wondering if anyone has had a similar experience/can offer any insight:

Sent in my application Dec. 19th but never received any notification that it had been submitted. Finally gave the admissions office a call and it turns out some technical glitch resulted in my application getting stuck in some sort of cyber limbo (good thing I called!). Finally received my ID about two weeks ago, but it's been over a month since I originally submitted, which a) I'm afraid hurts my chances and b) I've already started receiving notifications from other schools with deadlines that fall conveniently just inside the 8-week window from my processing date (not to mention the possibility of an additional 8 weeks for the second-choice).

LSE is my first choice, but I don't want to be turned down and left with no other options... Anybody know what to do here? Thanks for any help!
(edited 9 years ago)
Received a conditional offer for MSc Economics today. Woooo!!!
Original post by tungynguyen
Received a conditional offer for MSc Economics today. Woooo!!!

Congrats!! how long did you wait for the reply?
Reply 318
Original post by s_muntazir
Got a rejection from MSc economics but still waiting for my second choice. Does anyone know how long it takes to get reply from the second choice. Do i need to wait for another 8 weeks? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Soo sorry. How long did you have to wait???
Original post by Fat panda
Congrats!! how long did you wait for the reply?

Thank you very much, I got my ID on the 3rd Dec. So it has been about 6 weeks and half excluding Xmas I think. Anyway I didn't get any GSS :frown:. I remember I was pressing f5 on my computer every 10 seconds in an hour then suddenly it changed. OMG, I even remember it was 3:02pm UK time. My girlfriend was there, she was screaming and crying lol, bless her. Good luck you guys, you can do it.!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending