The Student Room Group

LSE 2015 Postgraduate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by s_muntazir
Got a rejection from MSc economics but still waiting for my second choice. Does anyone know how long it takes to get reply from the second choice. Do i need to wait for another 8 weeks? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that mate. I read on the website it says if your second choice is in the same department with your first choice, the decision will be faster. But if it is in different department, it will likely take another 8 weeks. Good luck mate.
Hi!
I applied for MSc International Political Economy as my first choice and MSc Political Economy of Europe as my second choice. Anybody else here with similar choices? Have you heard anything from LSE? I'm still "under consideration"...
Very pleased to say that the LSE has given me a scholarship of £10,000 (UK Anniversary scholarship). So happy and feel so privileged, think even if I get Cambridge now, I will most probably be wearing the LSE badge proudly.

All the hard work that I put in for 1.5 years after my 56.3% in year 1, been a roller coaster journey, worked every single day, gave up holidays, friends, hobbies, it's all worth it now. Dreams come true.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Deep456
Very pleased to say that the LSE has given me a scholarship of £10,000. So happy and feel so privileged, think even if I get Cambridge now, I will most probably be wearing the LSE badge proudly.

All the hard work that I put in for 1.5 years after my 56.3% in year 1, been a roller coaster journey, worked every single day, gave up holidays, friends, hobbies, it's all worth it now. Dreams come true.

Congratulation! When did you hear from them?
Thank you :-)
Original post by pankhuri
Congratulation! When did you hear from them?
Thank you :-)

Think I was the very first person to get an offer on January 5th and a few days ago.
Original post by s_muntazir
Was just wondering do you get an email of Acceptance/rejection or do you need to check LSE For You every single sec =/

I actually did not get an e-mail, my friend told me to check when she got her offer- and I received the letter (in the mailbox) a couple of days later, so don't worry about checking it every second, you will receive a letter anyways!
Original post by kennn
I got mine on the 8th of December

don't worry everybody :smile: I applied at the end of October (the 27th I believe) and got my ID in middle of November and just received my offer last week! :smile: Patience and Good Luck!!
Reply 327
I applied The Political Economy of the Late Development under Economic History department and International Development department. Submitted my application and received ID on Dec 18. Still waiting for the decision.

My boyfriend submitted his application for MSc Finance on Oct 22. He received a rejection in the beginning of Dec. He later received a conditional offer from MSc Economics on 17 Jan. His GPA is around 3.8, and double majors in economics and maths.

We are both international students studying in US institutions. During our junior year, we spent one year studying General Course at LSE.
Reply 328
Hi,

I applied in mid November and got my offer for MSc. Economics in early jan! Good luck to you, it's probably just around the corner :smile:
Original post by MonsieurM
Just received a conditional offer for MSc International Health Policy. The condition states to achieve 77% in final degree (2.1). Does anyone know how we can register given that we need to send in the official degree/transcript meeting this condition, because most of us will finish our degrees in April/May.

Congratulations. Also applied for the same MSc but yet to hear, might I ask when you applied?
Hi Nick, I applied in december and I got my LSE ID on December 10th. Good luck to you!
Reply 331
Did anyone else get their ID around Dec 4 and not hear yet?! Feeling like they will never make a decision...
Reply 332
Original post by jzook
Did anyone else get their ID around Dec 4 and not hear yet?! Feeling like they will never make a decision...

I got my ID on Dec 16th and just received the decision that I've been put on a waiting list. Does anyone know exactly what that means?
Reply 333
Original post by jzook

Got mine on the 5th and am yet to hear back. Finding this forum has certainly not helped taking my mind off it...
I got my ID on the 9th and I haven't heard anything yet...
Reply 335
Has anyone heard back for MSc in City Design and Social Science? I got my student ID number on Jan 8.
means they will consider ur second choice... what program did u apply?
Original post by ExtraK
Hi, Unfortunately I'm very behind on my application and hoping to complete my application by next week? Will this greatly hinder the likely hood of my application being successful. I'm applying for International Relations and Global Politics. I go to a R.G. but have a mixture of past results due to ill health, but am on course for at least a 2.1. Any/all advice would be really appreciate :-)

Heey :smile: so I dont want to disappoint you, and this is just my opinion, but all people I know that got offers applied latest by beginning of december so I am not sure... but you never know, if you re a great candidate just give it a try or call them first!!
Original post by ExtraK
Hi, Unfortunately I'm very behind on my application and hoping to complete my application by next week? Will this greatly hinder the likely hood of my application being successful. I'm applying for International Relations and Global Politics. I go to a R.G. but have a mixture of past results due to ill health, but am on course for at least a 2.1. Any/all advice would be really appreciate :-)

(I applied to both programs on Jan 15th and they sent my application to the department a few days ago, so it will take at least two weeks for them to give you your ID number and send it to the department)
But according to the webpage both programs are still open and they don't even say "limited availability" yet, so I would definately try. Just do it as soon as possible :smile:
Good luck!
Reply 339
Original post by Deep456
Very pleased to say that the LSE has given me a scholarship of £10,000 (UK Anniversary scholarship). So happy and feel so privileged, think even if I get Cambridge now, I will most probably be wearing the LSE badge proudly.

Hi there, do you mind telling us when you received this news? Did you apply separately for this scholarship or is this via the Graduate Support Scheme? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending