The Student Room Group

LSE 2015 Postgraduate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by lopoingi
Does anyone know if you can change your second choice? If this is possible how does it work?
Thank you ;-)

Hi, it is explained on this page. :smile:
Reply 601
Original post by Iroc
Hi, I applied a couple of weeks ago to the Masters in Management course and just got an email from the programme director saying,

To introduce myself, I am programme director on the MSc Management at the LSE. A quick note from me to say that I enjoyed reading your application form and hope you will accept the formal offer (which will of course be conditional on your final degree result) when it comes through! In the meantime, if you have any questions about the programme, please do let me know.
Best wishes
Sandy

Does this mean i've been accepted? My application tracker hasnt changed though...i'm a bit confused, :?

Well, that certainly sounds like an acceptance! Very unorthodox, but congratulations(probably)!
Original post by Iroc
Hi, I applied a couple of weeks ago to the Masters in Management course and just got an email from the programme director saying,

To introduce myself, I am programme director on the MSc Management at the LSE. A quick note from me to say that I enjoyed reading your application form and hope you will accept the formal offer (which will of course be conditional on your final degree result) when it comes through! In the meantime, if you have any questions about the programme, please do let me know.
Best wishes
Sandy

Does this mean i've been accepted? My application tracker hasnt changed though...i'm a bit confused, :?

Wow, what an awesome email!! I only received a formal email as any other student... would have been delighted to feel the progran director seemed to care so much about me! :wink:
Reply 603
Original post by lopoingi
Does anyone know if you can change your second choice? If this is possible how does it work?
Thank you ;-)

I did! I changed my second choice via this page :smile:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/howDoI/newChoicesForm/newChoicesForm.aspx
Reply 604
10 weeks and no word on MSc in Inequalities & Social Science. It is hard for me to make choices about my academics next year when I haven't heard from LSE.
Original post by mrucci
10 weeks and no word on MSc in Inequalities & Social Science. It is hard for me to make choices about my academics next year when I haven't heard from LSE.

I suggest that you reach the Department staff (this master belongs to social policy dept, right?). Send them an email and kindly ask about the admissions procedure. It is a new program, so more time may be needed for them to make decisions, I really don't know.

I heard from the same department exactly 8 weeks after submitting my application for the MSc Social Policy and Planning (favourably). So try to email them, often the simpliest alternative is the right one. And keep us abreast. (we may be department mates next year).
Reply 606
How long after you applied you got an answer? I've been waiting for Politics and Communication since mid december! An my application is still "under consideration"
Reply 607
Original post by Lndn_enthusiast
Has anyone already got an offer/ rejection from the Media and Communications Department?

Not yet! I have applied in mid december and so far no answer (neither positive nor negative). Have you had an answer? I applied for Politics and Communication (1st) and Media and Communication (2nd)
Original post by Gwal
How long after you applied you got an answer? I've been waiting for Politics and Communication since mid december! An my application is still "under consideration"

Economic History was quite fast, roughly a month between application and offer.

Good luck to you, better to wait a while for an offer than to get a quick rejection!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 609
Original post by Hugmepls
Economic History was quite fast, roughly a month between application and offer.

Good luck to you, better to wait a while for an offer than to get a quick rejection!

hahhha good point! Congrats on your offer! Hope you have a great time during your studies!
Original post by Gwal
Not yet! I have applied in mid december and so far no answer (neither positive nor negative). Have you had an answer? I applied for Politics and Communication (1st) and Media and Communication (2nd)

That is a very long time. Did you receive your ID in mid december or did you complete your application (including references etc.) at that time? For me, it is almost 7 weeks ago that I received my ID. So I hope it won't take them much longer. Good luck!
Reply 611
Original post by janmodaal
That is a very long time. Did you receive your ID in mid december or did you complete your application (including references etc.) at that time? For me, it is almost 7 weeks ago that I received my ID. So I hope it won't take them much longer. Good luck!

I received my ID a few days after I applied. I agree, it's taking way too long! But well, it's better wait long and receive a good answer than to receive a quick negative answer
Reply 612
It is in the Sociology Department. I have called Graduate Admissions and they said they sent a note to them 2 weeks ago. Still no word.

Original post by GerardDR
I suggest that you reach the Department staff (this master belongs to social policy dept, right?). Send them an email and kindly ask about the admissions procedure. It is a new program, so more time may be needed for them to make decisions, I really don't know.

I heard from the same department exactly 8 weeks after submitting my application for the MSc Social Policy and Planning (favourably). So try to email them, often the simpliest alternative is the right one. And keep us abreast. (we may be department mates next year).
Reply 613
Original post by mrucci
It is in the Sociology Department. I have called Graduate Admissions and they said they sent a note to them 2 weeks ago. Still no word.

Oh no. I am also waiting and it's been 8 weeks, it would seem the sociology dept is rather slow :s-smilie:

Do keep me posted on the outcome :smile:
Reply 614
First post! I just had to comment because I've been waiting for 7 weeks and 2 days and I'm dying here waiting for a reply :frown:

I'm applying from the US for the Msc in Culture and Society
Reply 615
Original post by smw89
First post! I just had to comment because I've been waiting for 7 weeks and 2 days and I'm dying here waiting for a reply :frown:

I'm applying from the US for the Msc in Culture and Society

Hi! It would seem I applied at around the same time as you, and for the same course. :smile: Unfortunately I haven't had a response yet either. :confused:

The sociology department seem to be quite slow to process applications. Another post above mentions they been waiting 10 weeks and still no reply!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 616
Original post by Iroc

Best wishes
Sandy

Hi there, I dont think many of us have received such a letter. Your application must be quite exceptional to get such a response. Please do keep in mind that most of us received a formal e-mail of acceptance or rejection only after the application tracker has changed. So, I think you should be careful of this e-mail. This is just my personal opinion though
Reply 617
Original post by dguerra
Thanks mate.

It took them 2 weeks to reject my deferral request. I was really hoping they would've accepted it.

I've already reinstated my application from last year (when I was put in the programme reserve list as I applied a bit late) so I'm not sure what my chances would be if I reinstate again. After all, I'd need to write a new personal statement as my situation has changed since I first wrote it (different job).

I really didn't want to go through all this uncertainty again. I'm so disappointed right now.

I'll have to think it through carefully to try and go this year but it's not going to be easy!

Hello

If you haven't re-instated yet, please do so - you have got nothing to lose. A better LSE personal statement will help you a lot. I mean if they took two weeks to reject your deferral, then they must consider you a very good applicant (my rejection came in one day). I think you will get a positive news this time. Again, all the best.

PS - which course are you applying to anyway?
Reply 618
Hi, just in case anyone else has been stressing out waiting for news about the MSc in Social Research Methods (like I have been!) I just received an unconditional offer on the Application Tracker. I applied on the 10th December.
Reply 619
Original post by OUN123
Hi, just in case anyone else has been stressing out waiting for news about the MSc in Social Research Methods (like I have been!) I just received an unconditional offer on the Application Tracker. I applied on the 10th December.

That's awesome! Congratulations! I applied on the 16th december and still haven't had na answer for Politics and Communication. You gave me hope!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending