The Student Room Group

Subject combination for law?

Hi I really want to be a lawyer, however I'm not sure whether I want to do a law degree or a different degree and then a conversion course, so I'm a bit stuck on my subject choices.
If I did a different degree it would probably be criminology. Then I'd do a conversion to law. :smile: At my 6th form, however, psychology isn't offered. How important is Psychology for criminology?Could I study it without it? If not, I'm considering moving to a different 6th form but I'd rather not have to. Please select a combination from below and give your reasons. :smile: thanks!

A.)English Lit, Religious Philosophy, Politics and Spanish.

B.) English Lit, Religious Philosophy, Psychology and Spanish.

C.) English Lit, Religious Philosophy, Art and Spanish.

D.) English Lit, Religious Studies, Art and Politics.

Thanks! :smile:
You can study criminology without studying psychology so not too important. i'd suggest religious studies, English lit, Spanish and art if possible. Seems like the most well known subjects with the most transferrable skills. MFL are in demand so it'll give you an advantage
Original post by Crystalz
You can study criminology without studying psychology so not too important. i'd suggest religious studies, English lit, Spanish and art if possible. Seems like the most well known subjects with the most transferrable skills. MFL are in demand so it'll give you an advantage

Why Art over politics? If you don't mind me asking. :smile:
Original post by kiera28
Why Art over politics? If you don't mind me asking. :smile:

Simply because I feel Art is a more respected A-Level. Not to say politics isn't but Art pops up on more 'approved' lists
However art seems to be quite a difficult A level and an A in politics will still beat a B in Art so do what you feel you'd be best at!
Original post by Crystalz
Simply because I feel Art is a more respected A-Level. Not to say politics isn't but Art pops up on more 'approved' lists
However art seems to be quite a difficult A level and an A in politics will still beat a B in Art so do what you feel you'd be best at!

Okay thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best combination for law is

Literature
History
Maths
Language

Out of what you have provided, definitely the first one.

Religious Studies and literature are respected. Spanish is also a great option. But art is not respected, and politics adds to your essay profile. Not to mention it shows you will have had kept up to date with real world events. But I'd recommend you drop it forA2
Original post by jake4198
Best combination for law is

Literature
History
Maths
Language

Out of what you have provided, definitely the first one.

Religious Studies and literature are respected. Spanish is also a great option. But art is not respected, and politics adds to your essay profile. Not to mention it shows you will have had kept up to date with real world events. But I'd recommend you drop it forA2

I'm not good enough at maths to do it, and I find history really dull. But thank you anyway! And okay:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest