The Student Room Group

Should I withdraw from my choice?

I applied to Warwick, Surrey, Sussex, Leicester and UCL on UCAS in October and I have got 4/5 offers (yay!!), including my firm and insurance choices (Warwick and Leicester). Would it be worth me withdrawing from UCL to get to the next stage of application, because I know I wouldn't put it as firm or insurance regardless of the offer? Thanks! :smile:
If you know you wouldn't put it as your firm or insurance regardless, then yeah, it's probably worth it. Doesn't really matter either way though.
There's no benefit to choosing your firm and insurance choices this early, and although you are set on your choices now, a lot of people do change their mind about where they want to firm/insure between now and the deadline. It's likely you'll be offered second chances to visit the unis you have offers from in the new year, as well.

If you really want to, of course it's ok to withdraw and chose your firm and insurance choices, but in my opinion it's not worth it, as you get no benefit from doing so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending