The Student Room Group

Chemistry - Edexcel Unit 1 "The Core Principles of Chemistry" ~ January 2015

--
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaadKaleem
Well, I couldn't find any thread for the Unit 1 chemistry AS (edexcel) and decided to make one, let's discuss past papers questions & any difficulties.

I'm appearing in IAL, aiming for high A hopefully.

Less then 2 months left :eek:

Thanks for setting up the thread :smile: That's a super idea :hat2:

Have you started revising? How are you finding the past exam papers?
Hey guys :smile: im resitting it in january as well, how far along are you guys in your revision? I'm finding it so much easier now that we've started the A2 :3 aiming for an A :tongue:
Original post by hadukilami
Hey guys :smile: im resitting it in january as well, how far along are you guys in your revision? I'm finding it so much easier now that we've started the A2 :3 aiming for an A :tongue:

I thought they had cancelled january exams?
Original post by shazza1234
I thought they had cancelled january exams?

yeah but for people outside the uk, we can now do International A levels which is basically the same but we can sit exams in january as well
yeah but for people outside the uk, we can now do International A levels which is basically the same but we can sit exams in january as well

People outside the UK can also sit the normal A level right? Is the content for IAL and normal AL Chemistry the same?
Original post by neverstop
People outside the UK can also sit the normal A level right? Is the content for IAL and normal AL Chemistry the same?

Yeah they can, and it's the same content
Yeah they can, and it's the same content

Oh right, lucky that they have Jan exams too.
Reply 8
Original post by neverstop
Oh right, lucky that they have Jan exams too.

The paper difficulty seems to be much harder though for IAL.
Original post by SaadKaleem
The paper difficulty seems to be much harder though for IAL.

Agreed.
Hey guys does any of you know from where can i get the mark scheme for chemistry unit 1 may 2014 IAL ??
Thanks in advance.
hey guys, thanxx fr creating this thread, much needed, im finding chemistry to be really hard, can anyone suggest any online tutoring sites..please...it would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by MarwaGaser
Hey guys does any of you know from where can i get the mark scheme for chemistry unit 1 may 2014 IAL ??
Thanks in advance.

hey, it's not available yet for students but if you ask your teacher she/he should give you a copy of it :smile:
Original post by Maleeha :)
hey guys, thanxx fr creating this thread, much needed, im finding chemistry to be really hard, can anyone suggest any online tutoring sites..please...it would be much appreciated :smile:
www.chemguide.co.uk

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry

https://www.youtube.com/user/tdewitt451
(edited 9 years ago)
hey, it's not available yet for students but if you ask your teacher she/he should give you a copy of it :smile:

Ohh okk thank youu. Do you have any idea when will it be available online though? And do I have to study all of unit 3 or only the lessons related to unit 1 if i'm applying only applying for unit 1?
Ohh okk thank youu. Do you have any idea when will it be available online though? And do I have to study all of unit 3 or only the lessons related to unit 1 if i'm applying only applying for unit 1?

you should be fine just studying the unit 1 stuff.. just make sure you do like all the past papers that u can :smile:
you should be fine just studying the unit 1 stuff.. just make sure you do like all the past papers that u can :smile:

You mean Unit 1 past papers or unit 3?
You mean Unit 1 past papers or unit 3?

unit 1
Great thread !
unit 1

Oh yeah.
Thank you heapppss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending