The Student Room Group

Do you eat butter or margerine?

Poll

Do you eat butter or margerine?

Just interested to know what people eat on their bread/toast?

Scroll to see replies

Margerine
same **** different toilet
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Usually just margarine as you get a giant tub of that which can last for months in my flat for only £1.90. I do like the expensive butter with sea salt and garlic butter but I rarely buy that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Butter and preferably one that is made in a Scandinavian/Nordic country only.
Reply 5
Ate Margarine for all those years and shifted to butter for the last 6 months.No change in weight and actually feel better!
whatever is on offer for £1 at Tesco ... so usually I Can't Believe It's Not Radioactive or Frightalite
Butter. Margarine is nasty plastic trash.
Butter times 1,000,000.

Its natural, its good for you, and tastes incredible.

Margarine is filthy grey goo that they invented to fatten up pigs. They die it yellow because otherwise no-one would eat it if they knew what it really looked like. Do not eat it!
I usually have a lactose free version which is a blend of lactose free butter and vegetable oil.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Margarine. We still call it butter though :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Butter because I find that margarine doesn't spread easily and I always get the impression that margarine is used for baking cakes, biscuits and muffins. Do they taste the same?
Whichever is in the fridge, my parents like to mix it up. If I'm in a hurry and the butter is frozen to an ice cube, I go for margarine. Or I spread avocado on my bread! :biggrin: It seems to be a lot healthier and I don't mind the taste (or lack thereof).
Original post by muttley mode
Butter because I find that margarine doesn't spread easily and I always get the impression that margarine is used for baking cakes, biscuits and muffins. Do they taste the same?

They taste very different! Butter tastes like dairy and margarine is often sickly sweet. Margarine is used for baking really, primarily biscuits. It's just disgusting on a sandwich or in toast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Butter- it's healthier
Reply 15
Whichever Bertolli is.
Butter.
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood

butter
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood

BUTTER.

Margarine is so unhealthy.
Ewww.
Why would anyone want to consume it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Butter.

And why isn't there a 'both' option...? :curious: Just wondering....

Quick Reply

Latest