The Student Room Group

Don't know what course to pick :(

Hi all. It is time to start writing my personal statement for uni and some of my friends finished their statements already. I have a little problem though. I am not sure what degree I should do. I live in Scotland and would like to attend Edinburgh Uni. In my fifth year I go 5 A's and 1 B(all Highers). 5A's( Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Russian) and a B in English. I was thinking of doing economics but I'm not sure how good the degree is. I would like something to do with maths mostly. I don't want some hard core course either. The people that I have talked to said that economics is a pretty easy degree but I should do something harder. Any suggestions?
You could do economics or if you wanted to do something else with maths you could do engineering (lots of different types) or anything in the scientific areas. You could also do something like finance or business. :smile:
I would love to do economics but I'm hesitating because they are so many people who want to do the same degree. I'm not sure if there are enough jobs for all the economists. Or are there enough job placements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending