The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham vs Exeter vs University of Liverpool

Poll

which university to choose?

I don't know which one to choose for undergraduate studies of business management. Please help me with some advice. Take into account the employability, the quality of teaching, prestige, opportunities and so one.

Scroll to see replies

I like Exeter the most out of those I think, but here are some sites you could use to compare:

http://universities.findthebest.co.uk/compare/10-30/The-University-of-Exeter-vs-The-University-of-Birmingham

You can use that to compare uni's easily?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
I applied to both Birmingham and Exeter, and they're both such amazing universities! I will say that Exeter is slightly more prestigious but Birmingham has a more welcoming feel to it. Up to you! Visit all the universities and speak to students. Uni stats is a great website to compare.. Can't go wrong! Good luck
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
From people I've spoken to Exeter comes across quite pretentious sometimes.. Might just have been a few of my friends experience but it seems a stronghold of private school kids, plus the night life is pretty dull. Not sure on birmingham, Liverpool has some amazing night life coming from first hand experience and the city is the perfect size for university life.
Best to do this by a rah and prestige analysis:

Exeter is the most prestigious, but is also apparently full of rahs, so not that.

Liverpool probably has the fewest rahs, but is also the least prestigious, so not that either.

Birmingham is the most ideal.

Unfortunately the two things correlate pretty heavily, and rah or not, all those universities are solidly middle-class. It makes you wonder if going to a Russell Group university is really worth the pain of not fitting in.
(edited 9 years ago)
What do you mean by middle-class? I thought Ex and Bham are top unis.
Original post by Ana Maria Pirca

I mean the student population is (profoundly) middle-class.
Original post by PimpsNChuds
I mean the student population is (profoundly) middle-class.

Aah. Sorry 😅 well thank you for the information. I found it really helpful
Aah. Sorry ������ well thank you for the information. I found it really helpful

Btw despite my probably biased opinion on the student population (I lived in expensive halls where I didn't fit in at all), I love Birmingham University and I don't regret coming here at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PimpsNChuds
Btw despite my probably biased opinion on the student population (I lived in expensive halls where I didn't fit in at all), I love Birmingham University and I don't regret coming here at all.

Oh so you are a student there. That's nice. Maybe you can help me with some tips and tricks for my first year there. (From september onwards)

Please what is a "rah"?
Original post by Ekemini
Please what is a "rah"?

A rah is a spoiled rich kid.
A rah is a spoiled rich kid.

Thank you. We cant really avoid those now can we.
University of Birmingham definitely. campus is amazing, nightlife is good, has a train to and from the uni etc and is just brilliant across the board. hopefully i get in for law 2015 entry
Original post by Ekemini
Thank you. We cant really avoid those now can we.

Idk. I also have this kind of people in my school but I don't have any problem with them. They are ok, they are human beings too... But I guess that they become aggressive if you try to take away people's attention from them... which i guess... is not the case. Is it?
Original post by neal95
University of Birmingham definitely. campus is amazing, nightlife is good, has a train to and from the uni etc and is just brilliant across the board. hopefully i get in for law 2015 entry

Haha. Yey see you next year then
Idk. I also have this kind of people in my school but I don't have any problem with them. They are ok, they are human beings too... But I guess that they become aggressive if you try to take away people's attention from them... which i guess... is not the case. Is it?

As long as they don't get on my nerves I am ok. There are some pretty humble rich kids out there so it wont be so bad. And for those attention seekers they need to be brought down a peg or two
Haha. Yey see you next year then

yes that would be nice. what do you need to gain entry? :smile:
Original post by neal95
yes that would be nice. what do you need to gain entry? :smile:

Well I'm an international student... so I need an average grade of 9 in my bacalaureat exam and 6.5 in ielts
Well I'm an international student... so I need an average grade of 9 in my bacalaureat exam and 6.5 in ielts

Best of luck! i am resitting some modules in History Business and Law need to get AAA but they let people in last year through clearing and adjustment with ABB. have you been for an open day? if so what did you think?

Quick Reply

Latest