The Student Room Group

What's the craziest thing a teacher has done in class?

A teacher killed and skinned a rabbit in class to teach the students how meat is processed.

Anyone got any stories about crazy things their teachers have done?

:cookie:

Scroll to see replies

one of the trainee teachers split an infinitive.

i think he was trying to be "street".
At primary school the language teacher threw a marker pen at me.
Original post by the bear
one of the trainee teachers split an infinitive.

i think he was trying to be "street".

Shut the front door :shock:
Original post by Enigmatica
At primary school the language teacher threw a marker pen at me.

Why was that? :frown:
Probably not the craziest thing but my maths teacher last year got so sick of our class he lay down on the floor on his back with his body dead straight and refused to teach us :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
the French assistante was always saying "Yolo"...

it turned out she could not pronounce Yellow properly
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Why was that? :frown:

I was a petulant, disruptive child.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SleepingStag
Probably not the craziest thing but my maths teacher last year got so sick of our class he lay down on the floor on his back with his body dead straight and refused to teach us :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: Poor guy :frown: Did you behave after that? :smile:
Not so much crazy as annoying/pathetic.

At one point in science we were very regularly taken to the computer suite which had 'swivelly chairs'.. chairs with wheels. Being typical, easily-excitable 16 year olds, my class tended to mess around on them and so, one lesson, our teacher took the time to remove all of the wheels from each of about 25 chairs in the suite.

Still loved her evenso because she was funny and reasonable. :smile:
(Only left this year)
My history teacher got us to get up and stretch and do exercises before every lesson... she was awesome :tongue:
Reply 11
My lab partner and I had a bit of a mishap in chemistry last year. We were doing an experiment on enthalpy, but didn't know that we'd ended up with a dodgy clamp stand. Halfway through the experiment, the copper beaker tipped over due to said dodgy clamp stand, knocking over the burner underneath it, resulting in ethanol spilling onto the desk from the burner and mixing with the water from the beaker. The burner then tipped over completely, igniting the mixture of water and ethanol, which promptly burst into flames on the (wooden) desk. Bear in mind that this all happened within the space of a second, so we had no idea what was going on, and were panicking far too much about the small inferno on the desk to worry about the chemicals involved. While we ran around like headless chickens with no idea what to do, the chemistry teacher calmly looked at the burning desk, as if he was about to start laughing. Just as we were about to ask him why it was so funny that we had unintentionally set fire to the desk, the flames went out. Being a chemistry teacher, he had worked out that the ethanol would run out quickly and the fire would be extinguished by the water, and there was absolutely no reason to panic (hence why our flailing around was apparently hilarious). However, there is a burn mark on the desk to this day... :biggrin:
Reply 12
Refused to let me sit my Music GCSE exam.
Reply 13
My English teacher used to make us hold hand in class with the person next to us, apparently it gives better ideas as to what to write for our assessments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My chemistry teacher taught us standing on a table, next to a burning bunsen burner flame. Don't ask why.
Our English teacher used to stand there and rant about the fact that one of the other teachers was too tall, week after week. I have no idea why, he wasn't even that tall and some of the others were probably far taller!

Also my form tutor who once chased my friend round the room with a ruler, and also shoved her repeatedly and kept telling her off for bumping into me :erm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beyknowles

At one point in science we were very regularly taken to the computer suite which had 'swivelly chairs'.. chairs with wheels. Being typical, easily-excitable 16 year olds, my class tended to mess around on them and so, one lesson, our teacher took the time to remove all of the wheels from each of about 25 chairs in the suite.

(Only left this year)

Original post by beyknowles

(Only left this year)

She sounds extremely sensible. Swivelly chairs + school environment is just a recipe for disaster. :wink:
Original post by Norin
My English teacher used to make us hold hand in class with the person next to us, apparently it gives better ideas as to what to write for our assessments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is way out there! :lol: My favourite so far. :h: Share the creative energy!
At one point, a history teacher of mine threw a student's shoes out the window. To be fair, the student was being dumb and disruptive, and they were incredibly ugly shoes.

Quick Reply