The Student Room Group

How to answer Physics ratio questions?

I am just sooo confused about all these ratio questions. It's like I am missing everything I've done on ratios through all of my life. Multiple choice questions and ordinary ones to do with ratio I just simply cannot do, as I have no idea how to. Could anyone give me some places I could go through ratios from the beginning till the level I need it in physics? Any useful physics websites? Guides to doing ratio questions?
Original post by Tangeton
I am just sooo confused about all these ratio questions. It's like I am missing everything I've done on ratios through all of my life. Multiple choice questions and ordinary ones to do with ratio I just simply cannot do, as I have no idea how to. Could anyone give me some places I could go through ratios from the beginning till the level I need it in physics? Any useful physics websites? Guides to doing ratio questions?

Welcome to TSR physics.

Do you think you could give us some examples of questions you are unable to do? It's difficult to know where to start with an answer to this without further information.
Reply 2
Do you understand what a ratio is? It's glorified division.

I.e. 7 and 14 are in ratio 1:2 because 14/7=2
If you want the ratio between two masses, you'd want to divide them, et cetera.

Quick Reply

Latest