The Student Room Group

Is there a legitimate argument for 'Multiculturalism'

Scroll to see replies

The non-negotiable liberalism of the student left on TSR is overwhelming, I often forget. No wonder my comments stick out like a sore thumb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
liberalism? no, just pointing out the benefits of multiculturalism. I doubt there are many in the this country who don't benefit from multiculturalism is some measure...even if one only eats UK food like pie and mash or hot pot or fish and chips their favourite sportsperson or entertainer may be black or Southern Asian.

I do sympathise with people who say we shouldn't accommodate to other cultures, but then other cultures have had a net positive influence IMHO..and nobody say "Islamist terrorists"...you'll simply get laughed at if you think all Muslims are such...
Original post by dean.stanston
liberalism? no, just pointing out the benefits of multiculturalism. I doubt there are many in the this country who don't benefit from multiculturalism is some measure...even if one only eats UK food like pie and mash or hot pot or fish and chips their favourite sportsperson or entertainer may be black or Southern Asian.

I do sympathise with people who say we shouldn't accommodate to other cultures, but then other cultures have had a net positive influence IMHO..and nobody say "Islamist terrorists"...you'll simply get laughed at if you think all Muslims are such...

Again, a very narrow and small part of what culture really is, I'm getting at the fundamental things for society, liberty, justice, moral values.

Bring what you like to this country, skills, ideas etc. But you must abide by the law that WE have made and we will not treat you relative to your morals or original country of upbringing.

Multiculturalism in that sense leads to parallel legal systems. Treating different people differently. With regard to law, multiculturalism is just a fancy name for moral relativism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And most do..and? Don't confuse what some mullahs say with what most immigrants do or say..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending