The Student Room Group

GCSE Drama Please Help!!!!

I am currently in year 11 taking GCSE Edexcel Drama. We are going on to our unit 3 (final piece - 40%).

there are 2 choices i can make:

acting

technical

I am not sure which one i should choose though.

For acting I am not as strong as other people because I have a stupid accent and my diction is weird - as in I am always too quick in speaking when I am nervous. However, I will be practicing right? But for the last controlled assessments I have been achieving A* (low one though). Also, for normal assessments I have been getting Bs (high). My teacher predicted that I will get an A in Unit 3 if I do acting for final piece.

On the other hand, I am quite a hard worker. My teacher predicted that if I choose technical I will be achieving A*. But technical is really boring and I really don't want to to the presentation/portfolio/etc.

Anyways I want to get an A* because well its the highest grade.

Please Help!!! What should I choose???

Thanks!!!!
Reply 1
I think you're the only one that can make that decision.

Do you want to suffer the rest of the year doing technical but come out with a great grade?

Or do you want to enjoy and engage in your lessons doing performance and try your absolute hardest to come out with an equally great grade?

For me it's always easy; I would always choose acting because it's my passion and I love it and would put my enjoyment in a subject over my potential grade on a piece of paper, but again this is just me.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by gortz1o1
I think you're the only one that can make that decision.

Do you want to suffer the rest of the year doing technical but come out with a great grade?

Or do you want to enjoy and engage in your lessons doing performance and try your absolute hardest to come out with an equally great grade?

For me it's always easy; I would always choose acting because it's my passion and I love it and would put my enjoyment in a subject over my potential grade on a piece of paper, but again this is just me.

Hope this helps. :smile:

That really helps in a way thanks.

but just to be sure, what do you do in technical? My teacher has always taught us acting and stuff like that but nothing on technical. What do you do? is there a portfolio???

thanks again!
Reply 3
Original post by acheunghc
That really helps in a way thanks.

but just to be sure, what do you do in technical? My teacher has always taught us acting and stuff like that but nothing on technical. What do you do? is there a portfolio???

thanks again!
It's like lighting and stage design and that kind of stuff, not sure on the portfolio but in any case it is different to what you do in the performance course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending