The Student Room Group

Are my chances good??

So recently I sent off my UCAS application and my predicted grades are ABB. I visited Loughborough and really liked the feel of the place so decided that I would apply there and in theory it would be my first choice. I received an offer two days ago which was conditional on the basis of me achieving AAB...Unfortunately I really don't think I will be able to get AAB...Does anyone know how likely they would be to accept me with ABB in my A Levels?? Or should I give up on going there??

Thanks

(p.s: If anyone has been in the same position as me and has any advice that would be much appreciated)
It depends what course are you wanting to do?
Reply 2
Original post by ScribbleSquid
It depends what course are you wanting to do?

Sorry, I'm looking to do psychology
Reply 3
Usually through Clearing they lower AAB to ABB, so I think you'll be fine as long as you meet ABB.
Lough want AAB lmao for what dentistry?
As long as the course isnt super competive like dentistry or medicine they'll almost certainly take one grade less!
You should be fine. I got into my uni with ABC when they wanted AAB so it's possible!
Reply 7
Original post by einnap101
You should be fine. I got into my uni with ABC when they wanted AAB so it's possible!

Did you have to go through clearing for that?? or did they just accept you in straight away?? (Btw was that for psychology or a different course?):smile:
Original post by Csw121
Did you have to go through clearing for that?? or did they just accept you in straight away?? (Btw was that for psychology or a different course?):smile:

It was my insurance choice! I think I got pretty lucky, but I've heard all sorts of miracle stories. From what I heard this year, as long as you've got ABB you should be okay through clearing IF it comes to that! But I honestly doubt it would. No, I'm doing Law. Which is an even bigger miracle haha!
Reply 9
Original post by einnap101
It was my insurance choice! I think I got pretty lucky, but I've heard all sorts of miracle stories. From what I heard this year, as long as you've got ABB you should be okay through clearing IF it comes to that! But I honestly doubt it would. No, I'm doing Law. Which is an even bigger miracle haha!

Fingers crossed i'm as lucky as you!!! ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending