The Student Room Group

Question regarding OCR Maths module retake from 2009.

I have a question regarding retaking of past OCR maths A level modules, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I took my Advanced Subsidiary GCE in Mathematics back in June 2008, code 3890.
This comprised of Core Maths 1 and 2, and Statistics 1.

I took my Advanced GCE Mathematics in June 2009, code 7890.
This comprised of Core Maths 3 and 4, and Mechanics 1.

Having looked on the OCR website, the course codes are still the same and so are the module codes.

In my circumstance I am wanting to retake Core Maths 4, if I do, can this still be Encashed? Into my Advanced GCE 7890 Mathematics.

Also does it have to be with OCR?

Many thanks
James.
Reply 1
Most probably yes. Different exam boards have different specifications and OCR is quite different to AQA and Edexcel. I would stick with this but contact the local exams officer or the exam board itself.
Reply 2
Original post by Spudders21
I have a question regarding retaking of past OCR maths A level modules, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I took my Advanced Subsidiary GCE in Mathematics back in June 2008, code 3890.
This comprised of Core Maths 1 and 2, and Statistics 1.

I took my Advanced GCE Mathematics in June 2009, code 7890.
This comprised of Core Maths 3 and 4, and Mechanics 1.

Having looked on the OCR website, the course codes are still the same and so are the module codes.

In my circumstance I am wanting to retake Core Maths 4, if I do, can this still be Encashed? Into my Advanced GCE 7890 Mathematics.

Also does it have to be with OCR?

Many thanks
James.

Yes, you can re-sit a unit and cash-in again. Your best attempt at Core 4 is the one that will be the one that counts. Yes it has to be with OCR.
Reply 3
Thank you for the very quick replies.

If anybody has a similar query in the future, OCR contacted me today and said as long as the module codes are the same you can retake and cash in. As stated by the TSR members above.

Quick Reply

Latest