The Student Room Group

Is this normal or am I just being overreacting?

Anyway, today, the new results came out and most of them were quite good gut then I found out that my grade in English Literature went down. I don't really care that my grades went down a bit but the fact that it's in English Lit., one of the subjects that I feel like I am pretty good in. I expected my grades to go down in English language maybe even Physics but to find out that my english lit went down was weird,

It's been bugging me all day and it's making me feel bad, not just because of the situation but because I feel hypocritical, well... more so than normal anyway because I've been trying to comfort some of my classmates that they didn't fail just because their grades went down from an A* to an A and here I am complaining that my grades went down.

Rally sorry for ranting but I just want to know if this is normal or an overreaction?

Sorry if I may have sounded like a douchebag :frown:

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much did your grade go down by? Do you think you can pull it back up?

I think it's normal to feel a bit bad, as it's a subject you normally do well in, and it was unexpected. It would be weird if it made you feel cheerful! And it was a nice thing to do to comfort others, but just as they felt disappointed, you have the same right to.

Oh, and you didn't sound like a douchebag! :smile:
Reply 2

My grades just went down by one grade, that's why it's confusing me. I even know it's not even that bad compared to my friend whose grade went down from an A* to a B. I even remember claiming that I'm aiming for straight Bs a few weeks ago, except for French so I don't know why I should be affected by this.

I don't know if I could bring up my grade though because based on my past experiences, every time my grades went down, it stayed down.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest