The Student Room Group

My *first ever* interview today...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Well done! It's wonderful to see that you got the job. I've dealt with similarly paralysing anxiety issues so I know how tough it must have been. I hope you enjoy working there!

Original post by sr234
Congratulations!! That's great news:biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you both!! :cry2: <--- happy tears for once :biggrin:
Original post by maid marian
:mmm: i told them if they didn't give me the job, i'd set my axe wielding friend on them :angel:

:e

prsom :colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BurstingBubbles
:e

prsom :colonhash:

^smiley fail. :aetsch:
Original post by Maid Marian
^smiley fail. :aetsch:

Maybe I meant it in an evil but cute way :u:

Nah, I just can't multitask :lol:

Edit: turns out TSR did the whole cancelling caps thing :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 44
I hope you did well hun and get the job :smile:.
Congrats! :h:
The only interview where I was successful getting the job I wore jeans and a hoody and just talked about my physics degree and dissertation (vastly irrelevant, it is a production line job where I spend a lot of time making cardboard boxes :tongue:) and talked about cycling as the interviewer also cycled. Was the most informal thing ever.

I now spend most of the working day wishing I was unemployed again :indiff: At least I am being paid to be miserable I guess as apposed to doing it for free or getting in student debt.

Anyway well done MM :smile: Those group interviews sound terrifying.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Maybe I meant it in an evil but cute way :u:

Nah, I just can't multitask :lol:

Edit: turns out TSR did the whole cancelling caps thing :tongue:

Sillyyyyy :tongue:

Original post by lou 22
I hope you did well hun and get the job :smile:.

Original post by cupcakes87
Congrats! :h:

Thanks you two! :biggrin:

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The only interview where I was successful getting the job I wore jeans and a hoody and just talked about my physics degree and dissertation (vastly irrelevant, it is a production line job where I spend a lot of time making cardboard boxes :tongue:) and talked about cycling as the interviewer also cycled. Was the most informal thing ever.

I now spend most of the working day wishing I was unemployed again :indiff: At least I am being paid to be miserable I guess as apposed to doing it for free or getting in student debt.

Anyway well done MM :smile: Those group interviews sound terrifying.

Aww oh dear :redface: Haha it was actually fine, I just really, really tried to seem happy and excited :lol: And I was like "I HAS LOADS OF EXPERIENCE IN RETAILS :ahee:"

I'll never forget that call, I was on the toilet and my mum started banging on the door like, "MARIAN, PHONE!!!" I was like "Is it ringing?:eek:" And she was like "YES IT'S FOR YOU!" So I was like ... crap, panic panic, had to dash out half way through my wee to answer it :rofl:

I'll never forget that call, I was on the toilet and my mum started banging on the door like, "MARIAN, PHONE!!!" I was like "Is it ringing?:eek:" And she was like "YES IT'S FOR YOU!" So I was like ... crap, panic panic, had to dash out half way through my wee to answer it :rofl:

Ye... that has happened to me as well. :lol:
Reply 49
Sillyyyyy :tongue:

Thanks you two! :biggrin:

Aww oh dear :redface: Haha it was actually fine, I just really, really tried to seem happy and excited :lol: And I was like "I HAS LOADS OF EXPERIENCE IN RETAILS :ahee:"

:smile:.
Original post by lou 22
:smile:.

:smile:
congrats :borat:
Well done
Update: I got the job!!!! :ahee:
Marian has a job:ahee:

Well done and congrats :smile:

I had an interview on Wednesday last week. I thought it went **** but I ended up getting the job and today I started it. It's my first paid job :biggrin:
Exciting times!
Original post by white boy
congrats :borat:

Original post by Black Cat
Well done

Original post by iammeyouareyou
Well done and congrats :smile:

I had an interview on Wednesday last week. I thought it went **** but I ended up getting the job and today I started it. It's my first paid job :biggrin:
Exciting times!

Thanks boos!! This is my first paid job too! :biggrin: First ever interview and first ever job! :yeah:
congrats. Surely this should give you more confidence in yourself.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest