The Student Room Group

Losing weight...

Hey,

I really need to lose weight. I weight 196 lbs and I'm 5'7". I'm currently trying Slimming World, but I cant stick to it at all!

Is there anything else that is better than Slimming World? I was thinking about calorie counting, but don't really know how to do it?

I feel so down, and I don't want to feel like this when I start uni in September. Does anyone have any tips or motivation to get me going?

Thank you! x:smile:
Original post by maisierosej
Hey,

I really need to lose weight. I weight 196 lbs and I'm 5'7". I'm currently trying Slimming World, but I cant stick to it at all!

Is there anything else that is better than Slimming World? I was thinking about calorie counting, but don't really know how to do it?

I feel so down, and I don't want to feel like this when I start uni in September. Does anyone have any tips or motivation to get me going?

If you want to calorie count I would recommend using My Fitness Pal, an app where you can track your calories. But first, I would look at the reasons why you can't stick to Slimming World. If you can't stick to SW, are you going to be able to stick to another plan?
I think you really need to be in the right mindset to start

There's an app for calorie counting called myfitnesspal, it calculates how many calories you should eat based on your weight & height, goal weight, and how much you want to lose per week. You put in everything you eat, and you can scan barcodes. Its pretty handy
Reply 3
Thankyou guys! I will definitely give it a try xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
about myfitnesspal I hear first time ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got myfitnesspal yet?

How is it going?

Doing any exercise to supplement the lower food intake?
Myfitness pal is good, you have to be REALLY strict and put in everything that passes your lips. A couple of chocolates and a few mouthfuls of someone else's dinner can add up. I used it religiously for a fortnight to track macros and actually ended up losing weight (wasn't really aiming for that). It does work.

Maybe post a typical days food? Often there are simple swaps you can do to keep calories low.
I have had good success with weight watchers- I have lost 2 stone in 3 months and it is a fairly flexible plan so not too strict. However it is expensive to join.
to be honest slimming world is a really easy plan since you can choose a lot of what you eat, you still get treats and it gives you lots of lower calorie swaps (my sister used to do it and I ate so much of her food, it was delicious) - if you can't stick to it you wont stick to anything else, it's just a case of sucking it up and saying no to what you want
Reply 9
Have you thought of detoxing? I've actually just mentioned it in another thread, but I've had great results from StripTeas, it's a tea detox. You don't starve yourself or anything, just eat normally (or follow the eating plan they've got on their website) but drink a specific tea three times a day. I found it really does boost my metabolism and suppress my appetite.

Good luck with your weight loss!! :smile: xx
To be honest I don't think you need to waste your money on weight watchers or any other type of help.

If you want to lose weight, you can do it. It is unbelievably simple; exercise hard and eat healthily. Just look at the calories on packs of food and go running. People can overcomplicate this so much, but all you need is will power and no type of help can give you that. You don't need fancy calorie counters of 2:5 diets of tea diets. Just eat what you know is healthy (which you can find out in ten minutes on the internet) and make sure you train hard.

Simple! You will get your motivation from the difference you will notice almost straight away.
MyFitnessPal.

Google.

It's a way of life. You have to embody the fitness lifestyle. It's no good just eating bit less and losing a tiny amount. You want to have a ripped 6 pack, shredded glutes and striated delts. Then every guy will be begging you to go out with them.
Original post by finna
Have you thought of detoxing? I've actually just mentioned it in another thread, but I've had great results from StripTeas, it's a tea detox. You don't starve yourself or anything, just eat normally (or follow the eating plan they've got on their website) but drink a specific tea three times a day. I found it really does boost my metabolism and suppress my appetite.

Good luck with your weight loss!! :smile: xx

... Just. No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is it going?

I vote for calorie counting all the way, without question. Nothing else worked for me, and now it's just automatic for me.
Hey,

What sort of exercise are you doing? Maybe try some new sports, and find one you love - it'll be much easier to lose and maintain weight if you're doing something you enjoy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest