The Student Room Group

Pharmacy minus Alevel Biology

Hi all,

I'm just started my Pharmacy course at LSOP for a couple of days, and had my first pharmacology lecture yesterday...i felt a bit down when everyone in the lecture theatre (except me) put their hands up when the lecturer asked who heard of summing called acetylcholine and who did A-level Biology...i only did AS.....

how do you think I can cope without my Alevel Biology? i plan to buy an Alevel biology guild with me so i can refer to things etc....what else would you recommand me to do? i'm panicking atm....

thx:smile:

robusty
Reply 1
I think that the lecturers will help those who have not done biology. Do they have little sessions on wednesday you can go to? I think that might be after pharmacology. Also, the first semester does go into some A Level biology like cell membranes and stuff.
Reply 2
ive done some pharmacology, and to be honest, i think she went straight into detailed stuff... im sure they'll go over it from the basics better...as not everyone is at the same level
Reply 3
Xenon
I think that the lecturers will help those who have not done biology. Do they have little sessions on wednesday you can go to? I think that might be after pharmacology. Also, the first semester does go into some A Level biology like cell membranes and stuff.

yeh they do, but they don't start until 2 weeks later.......i'll just have to cope hard in the mean time...:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending