The Student Room Group

Dropped out of Uni, reapplying for next year

Hi

I have dropped out of uni and am wondering whether I need to create a completely new UCAS application from scratch as I am applying to other institutions for September 2015.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Will
Original post by WILLMUSIC88
Hi

I have dropped out of uni and am wondering whether I need to create a completely new UCAS application from scratch as I am applying to other institutions for September 2015.

Cheers

Will

Hi Will,

I work at Keele University and found your thread by looking at Unanswered posts. Here's a link on the UCAS website, http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/starting-your-studies/getting-support, at the bottom it says:
"If later you decide to reapply it'll be a new application you can't reuse your previous one" - so it looks like you can't just re-submit your same application again I'm afraid!

Best of luck in your applications for next year,

Illana
:smile:
Reply 2
Hi Illana

Thanks very much for the response.

I managed to log into my UCAS track so I have all the info I need from there (obviously my personal statement will need tweaking though) for a new application.

Cheers

Will
Hi

Cheers

Will

Hi Will,

I'm in exactly the same position as you, do you know if we can re-use parts of our old personal statements or do we have to write completely new ones? As it's a whole new application would we get done for plagiarism against our old statements?

Cheers, Johnny
Reply 4
Alright mate.

Basically you have to make a completely new UCAS application if you are applying for September 2015 entry as thats what I'm having to do, however I did manage to get onto UCAS track and on there it has all my details from my previous application, so its just a matter of moving that across to a new application.

Regarding the personal statement, what Im doing is just tweaking it. Because now its a different situation to last year. I don't see how we would get done for plagiarism as how can you get done for that when you yourself previously wrote something and are using it again. Might have to just check to make sure thats 100% correct though.

Hope this helps a bit Johnny

Will
Original post by Keele University
Hi Will,

I work at Keele University and found your thread by looking at Unanswered posts. Here's a link on the UCAS website, http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/starting-your-studies/getting-support, at the bottom it says:
"If later you decide to reapply it'll be a new application you can't reuse your previous one" - so it looks like you can't just re-submit your same application again I'm afraid!

Best of luck in your applications for next year,

Illana
:smile:

Hey! I'm planning on applying to Keele next year, can I ask some questions please?
Alright mate.

Basically you have to make a completely new UCAS application if you are applying for September 2015 entry as thats what I'm having to do, however I did manage to get onto UCAS track and on there it has all my details from my previous application, so its just a matter of moving that across to a new application.

Regarding the personal statement, what Im doing is just tweaking it. Because now its a different situation to last year. I don't see how we would get done for plagiarism as how can you get done for that when you yourself previously wrote something and are using it again. Might have to just check to make sure thats 100% correct though.

Hope this helps a bit Johnny

Will

Yeah that makes sense, I'll just add some bits about reasons for dropping out and having a gap year etc. Thanks again!

Johnny
Original post by Kabulkid
Hey! I'm planning on applying to Keele next year, can I ask some questions please?

Of course! I'll do my best to get them answered - I work in Residence Support so could tell you things about living in halls of residence, campus life. I studied Psychology/Media Communications if those subjects happen to be what you're interested in.

What questions do you have, ask away!
Hey guys,
I dropped out of uni and reapplied if you have any questions just PM me.
Was the best decision I ever made.

Good luck with everything.
Original post by TheAlchemistt
Hey guys,
I dropped out of uni and reapplied if you have any questions just PM me.
Was the best decision I ever made.

Good luck with everything.

i have some questions, i'll PM you if thats ok!
Original post by TheGameOfScience
i have some questions, i'll PM you if thats ok!

Go for it.
Original post by TheAlchemistt
Go for it.

Hi

Can I just ask whether you applied to uni again through you're old college?
Hi

Can I just ask whether you applied to uni again through you're old college?

I did it externally, i applied through my old sixth form however i wasnt attending there so basically, once i sent the application through. Since i wasnt really a student there, they sent it straight away as they weren't allowed to check it for some reason..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending