The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Hopefuls 2015

Just thought I would start up a discussion for Stirling applicants! Couldn't find one...

Has anyone had offers/acknowledgments yet as I haven't heard anything. Applying for PPE😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi Lauren :smile:

Great idea to set up a discussion for the 2015 applicants! I hope more people will join soon. Just to let you know: I'm a first year student at Stirling so if you have any questions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

Suzanne
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by Suzanne93
Hi Lauren :smile:

Great idea to set up a discussion for the 2015 applicants! I hope more people will join soon. Just to let you know: I'm a first year student at Stirling so if you have any questions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

Suzanne

Hello,
Yeah hopefully people join! Oh that's great😄 what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Received acknowledgement today!:smile:.I applied for primary teaching.
Original post by laurenmhari
Hello,
Yeah hopefully people join! Oh that's great������ what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm studying Business, Spanish and Finance :smile: Is a bit different compare to PPE haha, but I'm always willing to help all of you with any questions you may have! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Elle.B
Received acknowledgement today!:smile:.I applied for primary teaching.

I've received acknowledgment too😊 good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm studying Business, Spanish and Finance :smile: Is a bit different compare to PPE haha, but I'm always willing to help all of you with any questions you may have! :biggrin:

Cool! How do you find Stirling in terms of student experience?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurenmhari
Cool! How do you find Stirling in terms of student experience?������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Freshers' Week is the ultimate way to start your student experience! There are so many things to do during Freshers but also afterwards: sport clubs, societies.. I would definitely recommend to join a sport as it is a great way to meet people, be active and see more of Scotland. The campus is a great way to meet so many people from many countries. It really helped me to live on campus as well, it's a real community. And don't forget the beauty of the campus itself..I guess you've already looked up some photos :biggrin: I'm an international student, so I loved the idea of a campus :smile: There is something to do for everyone: whether you are a party animal or prefer to just go to the union or a pub for a drink (or two, or six, or....) There is also loads of help on offer related to your studies and all staff I've met so far are really helpful and friendly. I've never had such quick replies to my emails! Great thing is also the flexibility of your degree and the fact that they start at a slow pace so that you have time to settle and learn to manage your time. Stirling itself is lovely, not too big. It has quite a huge shopping centre and supermarkets. Buses leave from campus every 10 minutes or so to the city centre. Everyone's student experience is different, it depends on who you are, what you like, who your flatmates are. I'm very lucky to have awesome flatmates! One thing is sure though: you'll have the time of your life here! :smile:
Reply 8
Freshers' Week is the ultimate way to start your student experience! There are so many things to do during Freshers but also afterwards: sport clubs, societies.. I would definitely recommend to join a sport as it is a great way to meet people, be active and see more of Scotland. The campus is a great way to meet so many people from many countries. It really helped me to live on campus as well, it's a real community. And don't forget the beauty of the campus itself..I guess you've already looked up some photos :biggrin: I'm an international student, so I loved the idea of a campus :smile: There is something to do for everyone: whether you are a party animal or prefer to just go to the union or a pub for a drink (or two, or six, or....) There is also loads of help on offer related to your studies and all staff I've met so far are really helpful and friendly. I've never had such quick replies to my emails! Great thing is also the flexibility of your degree and the fact that they start at a slow pace so that you have time to settle and learn to manage your time. Stirling itself is lovely, not too big. It has quite a huge shopping centre and supermarkets. Buses leave from campus every 10 minutes or so to the city centre. Everyone's student experience is different, it depends on who you are, what you like, who your flatmates are. I'm very lucky to have awesome flatmates! One thing is sure though: you'll have the time of your life here! :smile:

Sounds great! Thanks for all the detail😊 Stirling seems lovely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey, I'm applying for Criminology and Sociology there! :smile: apparently you hear back from them in about March time (if you're a UK student)
Reply 10
Just received an offer tonight- unconditional for BA Psychology. Absolutely over the moon. Good luck to everyone else applying :smile:
Reply 11
Yup! Conditional for Joint English studies and Spanish
Reply 12
Wow, I didn't realise stirling gave offers so quickly! Is it for only certain degrees or
Reply 13
Yeah got mine the day after sending my application! I don't know but a lot of universities have been giving offers out quickly. Uni of Glasgow for example, one kid on here got his in 4 hours of sending his app.
Reply 14
Original post by tk1995
Yeah got mine the day after sending my application! I don't know but a lot of universities have been giving offers out quickly. Uni of Glasgow for example, one kid on here got his in 4 hours of sending his app.

Wow that's so quick! :redface: out of interest, did you exceed their requirements? I haven't heard of anyone else hearing back from stirling so quick
Reply 15
Yeah the offer is BBC and I got AAB in AS in one sitting so... lol can see why.
Reply 16
Original post by tk1995
Yeah the offer is BBC and I got AAB in AS in one sitting so... lol can see why.

Well done :smile: yeah I can see why they replied so quick! Hopefully I'll hear back from them sometime soon
Reply 17
Thanks and good luck!!
Reply 18
I'm going to apply to Stirling to do Business Studies with Sports Studies which requires 4 B's and I currently have 2 A's, 1 B and 2 C's. I'm doing two subjects this year. Does anyone know if I have a good chance of receiving an offer possibly even an unconditional?
Reply 19
As in Alevels? Not AS? If so, I think that would get you an unconditional offer as you have 2 A Alevels and 1 B in the bank. 4 Alevels is quite unusual for an offer, normally 3. Knowing Stirling I think they'll let the C slide. I know they normally provide 2 offers on their site. Mine was either AAB (straight into second year) or BBC (which they gave me). You should check. Hope this helped.

Quick Reply

Latest