The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Hopefuls 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aliOU
Hello guys ,
I really need your help if you can help , i have applied for adult nursing sep 2015 start and i have been invited from the uni for interview on the 23/01/15 and i am going to come from south west london to soctland ! Anyone of you have been invited ? Do you know how the interview might be like ? Any advice you can give me ? And any hotel u recommend me that i can book which is nit faraway from the uni ??
Thank you very much for your help .

Hi, according to a current 1st year nursing student, the interview is nothing to worry about. There's big group interviews, no one-on-ones. The first hour you're told all about the uni, then split into groups to discuss a video link that they send you.

There are plenty of hotels near by. The Stirling Court Hotel is on campus, but it's not your cheapest option. There's hostels/b&bs that do the job, if you're looking for something simple. The uni Accommodation Services might be able to find you a room for the night, if you give them a shout.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 81
Original post by LJMac_SportSci
Hi, according to a current 1st year nursing student, the interview is nothing to worry about. There's big group interviews, no one-on-ones. The first hour you're told all about the uni, then split into groups to discuss a video link that they send you.

There are plenty of hotels near by. The Stirling Court Hotel is on campus, but it's not your cheapest option. There's hostels/b&bs that do the job, if you're looking for something simple. The uni Accommodation Services might be able to find you a room for the night, if you give them a shout.

Hi ,
thank you so much for your reply and its really helpful , i will contact the uni for accommodation for the night .
many thx
Got an unconditional to do both History and History with Secondary Education at Stirling! Anyone going be on any of these courses?
Hey well done on getting an unconditional (Y)

In relation to AliOU, i have my applicant day for the same course on 30th. It is good to know that the interviews are groups and that because it will be a lot more relaxed.
Congrats to everyone who already have offers, my UCAS finally went through and have had acknowledgement emails from all 3 of my Uni's. My first 2 choices are for Stirling so hopefully i will be joining you all in celebrations :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by Songbirdy90
Congrats to everyone who already have offers, my UCAS finally went through and have had acknowledgement emails from all 3 of my Uni's. My first 2 choices are for Stirling so hopefully i will be joining you all in celebrations :smile:

Congrats to you too when are you going to thw applicant day ,?
Congratulations 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aliOU
Congrats to you too when are you going to thw applicant day ,?

Thank you, i havent recieved any offers yet but i'm hoping to go to the 11th April one, so hopefully i'll have heard back by then :smile:
I got an unconditional for International Management Studies with European Languages and Society. Has anyone else here applied for this course or had an offer back? Would be cool to know. Or if anyone has some knowledge of the course as it is quite a unique course and it does sounds quite interesting.
Reply 89
Original post by Scverner
Got an unconditional to do both History and History with Secondary Education at Stirling! Anyone going be on any of these courses?

I also have an unconditional for history!!:smile::smile:
Hey guys, I received my unconditional for Business Computing back in October, 2 days after sending my application. Anyone thinking about the same course as me?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm doing computing science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Hey! I received an unconditional for Psychology but Dundee is my top choice with Stirling second
Original post by AnnieFraz
I'm doing computing science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We might bump into one another then!
Original post by lizzie_jane
We might bump into one another then!

Haha :smile: yeah probs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Is it worth going to the applicant's day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by balde69
Is it worth going to the applicant's day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to the applicant day and Stirling isn't my first choice so maybe! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I think its worth it. Stirling is in my top 3 and I cant decide which uni of my top 3 I want to go to most but im still waiting on my offers. If you want to stay at the campus I suggest you go. I will probably be living in Stirling so need to see the accommodation and need more information on my course.
It came through saying applicants day is mandatory and decisions are made after them. So I would advise going to them as they'll asses you on working with others etc there in the group discussions and so on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an letter through the post about the applicant day and studying at Stirling. I dont think it said the applicant day was mandatory but I am going. I already have an unconditional from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending