The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ages since i`ve done any mechanics ...(sorry, just got a bad taste in my mouth at that word..) but, isn`t this like , because the verical forces are in equilibrium, you resolve vertically up, then equate to vertically down.. (same horizontally)
Original post by buttered
...Thank you

Since the forces are in equilibrium, which ever direction you resolve in, the sum of the forces will be zero.

You can resolve horizontally and vertically as Hasufel suggested, and then solve the simultansous equations.

BUT, it would be easier to resolve in the direction of F1, and the direction of F2. Since F1,F2 are prependicular the component of F1 in the direction of F2 will be zero and vice versa, and your equations will be simpler.
Reply 3
I'm also stuck on this qs, can someone please just send a picture or etc. of the full working out...
Reply 4
Original post by M.A.T
I'm also stuck on this qs, can someone please just send a picture or etc. of the full working out...

Hi, this thread is old so please start a new thread if you need help with it. Please post your question and any working you've done / thoughts you have. Thanks.

Latest