The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Irish Erasmus student

I'm an Irish University student considering attending Aberystwyth University on an Erasmus exchange. I'd really like honest opinions regarding Aber as an Erasmus student.

I'm someone who is introverted and needs someone to get me out of my shell, so would Aber be suitable for me? My quietness mainly comes from my mental health difficulties in the past, and while I am on the mend, I am still struggling in some areas. Would the staff at Aber be helpful toward me? I realise there is an Accessibility centre at Aber, but I'm curious as to what that is like.

Lastly, is there much of a party culture at Aber? I can't partake much drink due to my medication, so very messy parties don't appeal to me.

I hope my message doesn't seem like I'm only looking for the negatives of Aberystwyth. I genuinely love the photos I've seen of the town, and I'm really keen to learn the Welsh language (as I adore Irish!).
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by dreamgrove
I'm an Irish University student considering attending Aberystwyth University on an Erasmus exchange. I'd really like honest opinions regarding Aber as an Erasmus student.

I'm someone who is introverted and needs someone to get me out of my shell, so would Aber be suitable for me? My quietness mainly comes from my mental health difficulties in the past, and while I am on the mend, I am still struggling in some areas. Would the staff at Aber be helpful toward me? I realise there is an Accessibility centre at Aber, but I'm curious as to what that is like.

Lastly, is there much of a party culture at Aber? I can't partake much drink due to my medication, so very messy parties don't appeal to me.

I hope my message doesn't seem like I'm only looking for the negatives of Aberystwyth. I genuinely love the photos I've seen of the town, and I'm really keen to learn the Welsh language (as I adore Irish!).

I just want to say that I'm attending Aber this year as a fresher and I'm introverted too. I believe there are only two or three clubs so it's hardly an attraction for party animals, which means I'm sure you'll easily find people who would rather partake in chilled activities or just stuff not involving drinking...I'm one of them myself!
This is one of the main reasons I applied to Aber: It's quiet and has a close community, so I'm sure there will be many introverts to whom you can relate. I can't actually tell you from experience what it's like, but I hope I've been helpful in some way!

Quick Reply

Latest