The Student Room Group

I cant find a prom dress!

I cant seem to find the prom dress that I dream of. I spend hours upon hours looking for a dress but I cant find one. I'm looking for one that is a sparkly longsleeve mermaid/trumpet gown, that is backless and peephole front that comes in white/silver. What do I do?
Where have you been looking? In stores on just checking out online?
If you have the money for it you could always get the dress you want made from scratch :smile:

That seems expensive though, why do you want that dress in particular? Are there any other dresses that you've tried on and liked?
Good job proms not for 6 months minimum then!
You could try making it?
Original post by ebxnyxo
I cant seem to find the prom dress that I dream of. I spend hours upon hours looking for a dress but I cant find one. I'm looking for one that is a sparkly longsleeve mermaid/trumpet gown, that is backless and peephole front that comes in white/silver. What do I do?

Its nice you have an exact style in mind, but honestly its easier if you filter it down a little. Maybe a backless, sequin silver dress would be easier to find first?
If you want adjustments, changes, cuts etc. you can find a reliable tailor to adjust the dress to your liking.

My dream prom dress was invented for 6ft girls so I had to have it tailored professionally as I'm only just 5ft.

Alternatively, as others have said, you could make it yourself as you have plenty of time and seem to know what you're talking about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending