The Student Room Group

How can 8 improve my eyesight ?

I have a minor squint with hypermetropia . I wear glasses but don't like them. I don't use contact lenses because I'm scared of hurting my eye.
Therefore I was wondering is there any exercise or medicine or something that can help me to see better.
Original post by Sollom
I have a minor squint with hypermetropia . I wear glasses but don't like them. I don't use contact lenses because I'm scared of hurting my eye.
Therefore I was wondering is there any exercise or medicine or something that can help me to see better.

I don't know any exercises or medicine but with me, I hated wearing glasses and was too scared to wear contacts.
I was -2.50 for both eyes and I refused to wear glasses and I would try hard not to squint at things
This sort of seemed to work for me, I'm down to -1.75 and -1.50 because I got so used to the fact that I wasn't wearing glasses
I felt that when I first started wearing glasses, they were so strong for me and I wasn't used to it
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sollom

Look at close objects more frequently. You could look at something far for 3 seconds then something close for 10 seconds.Your lucky that your not short-sighted.
Laser surgery.
Reply 4
Original post by selenerrr__x
I don't know any exercises or medicine but with me, I hated wearing glasses and was too scared to wear contacts.
I was -2.50 for both eyes and I refused to wear glasses and I would try hard not to squint at things
This sort of seemed to work for me, I'm down to -1.75 and -1.50 because I got so used to the fact that I wasn't wearing glasses
I felt that when I first started wearing glasses, they were so strong for me and I wasn't used to it
Are you planing to gradually increase to your full correction or stay undercorrected?
Reply 5
Original post by Sollom

In cases of hypermetropia with squint there are exercises that can help a lot. Search for an orthoptist or behavioral optometrist in your area. Visual therapy may be very helpful in your case.
Reply 6
REad
Original post by Kathy89
Are you planing to gradually increase to your full correction or stay undercorrected?

I don't think I'll fully be able to correct back but I was relatively surprised I went down from -2 to -1ish so I usually don't wear glasses at all and my prescription glasses are a weaker lens than what I actually am
I've been gradually improving so ^_^
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by selenerrr__x
I don't think I'll fully be able to correct back but I was relatively surprised I went down from -2 to -1ish so I usually don't wear glasses at all and my prescription glasses are a weaker lens than what I actually am
I've been gradually improving so ^_^
That's great! I'm undercorrecting myself too and my vision improves. Most of the time I'm not wearing glasses at all. However, I still need them a lot to focus or see distant objects (I have astigmatism too).
Original post by Kathy89
That's great! I'm undercorrecting myself too and my vision improves. Most of the time I'm not wearing glasses at all. However, I still need them a lot to focus or see distant objects (I have astigmatism too).

I will wear my glasses in class and although it's a much weaker prescription I find it's sufficient enough :smile:
Yaaay to undercorrecting and improving ^_^
Reply 10
Stop worrying about contact lenses damaging your eyes.

If you go with a reputable and well known optician, plus you look after your lenses as instructed, you are not very likely to get eye infections. If you buy a dodgy pack of 10 from the internet, then you won't find any sympathy.

The worst thing that has ever happened to me, is that the contact has rolled onto the back of my eye lid, and nestled on the top of my eye. It is neither painful or dangerous, it just takes a little bit of fiddling to get it back out. It only happened because I foolishly pinched my eye lids.
Original post by s_________
I will wear my glasses in class and although it's a much weaker prescription I find it's sufficient enough :smile:
Yaaay to undercorrecting and improving ^_^

Hi,
My eyesight is -2.25 and I'm really worried about it so muct. I just came across with your post. Could you pleaseeeeee tell me that did u do any other exercises or take medications to improve vision. My vision suddendly decreased from -1 to -2.25 and I am worried about it so much.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
My eyesight is -2.25 and I'm really worried about it so muct. I just came across with your post. Could you pleaseeeeee tell me that did u do any other exercises or take medications to improve vision. My vision suddendly decreased from -1 to -2.25 and I am worried about it so much.

Feel free to PM me.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Start a new thread instead of bumping a very old one, which is against site rules. You are asking the question to someone who hadn't been on here for 5 years...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending