The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Guys, do you think I will get 'good' accommodation? I got my offers late and im scared Ill get something I dont like
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
I'm choosing between Digby (shared bathroom) and John foster (ensuite), anyone have any advice? Is Digby social?
Original post by neigh0mey
I am thinking of firming Leicester and I was just wondering what catered accommodation is best. I am looking for somewhere with a sort of common area too if this is available??

I've firmed Beaumont Hall in Oadby 😊 I'm going to be doing chemistry with forensics and have an unconditional place there 😉 anyone else in block 5?
Mary Gee is amazing!! Everyone should come to Mary Gee. It's roomy, plenty of seating, nice colour scheme, spacious shower. Room decor is great. The kitchen is extremely cosy for 10 people. If you like school desks and school seating you will love the kitchen area! Plenty of space in the washroom if you enjoy washing and ironing. Local people are very friendly, unless you leave trolleys hanging around. Neighbouring blocks are welcoming if you like food fights, but I suppose that does depends on your neighbours next year.
Oadby is crap.
I feel so alone
Oadby is ****!!
Original post by Archaeastinky
I feel so alone

Awww Archaeastinky, are in Oadby? I have heard it gets quite lonely there!
Yes I cry myself to sleep every night. I get attacked in the dining hall regularly.
Original post by Eukaryacrapulent
Awww Archaeastinky, are in Oadby? I have heard it gets quite lonely there!
Beaumont Hall is a mistake you will completely regret that in freshers. Everyone I know who lives there complains about it, the food is awful everyone wastes all there money on buying decent food and never go out. No one is social! You should definitely ask to move to Mary Gee... That is the place to go.
Original post by princess.natalie
I've firmed Beaumont Hall in Oadby 😊 I'm going to be doing chemistry with forensics and have an unconditional place there 😉 anyone else in block 5?

OMG NO!!! Not Beaumont. Don't go catered!! My friend got food poinsoning soooo much!! One time, she found mice droppings in her food. I am not kidding.
Original post by Archaeastinky
Yes I cry myself to sleep every night. I get attacked in the dining hall regularly.

Aww :frown: I did hear about these dining hall attacks! too any gangs in the student village!! don't cry poor archaeastinky, find YikYak, someone there will give you a cuddle! :smile:
Much love!!
x
I think the best accommodation is Mary Gee! Honestly! If the block next door smashes your window one night, the maintenance team just fix it no questions asked! It's mental here :wink:
Residential advisers are nice too unless they think you are going to throw eggs at them, and then they tend to call security on you.
Original post by violetiz
I'm choosing between Digby (shared bathroom) and John foster (ensuite), anyone have any advice? Is Digby social?

Digby has been recently done up so it a lot newer than John Foster!
the kitchens in Digby are nicer and you are closest to Asda, However furthest away from all other amenities.

John Foster is central and not having to share a bathroom is a bonus, loads of storage in the room, it is more expensive than Digby

Both are social depends which you'll think you prefer
Original post by princess.natalie

I'll be staying in Beaumont too! But I'm on floor 1... It doesn't say anything on my contract about which block I'm in?
Original post by Eukaryacrapulent
OMG NO!!! Not Beaumont. Don't go catered!! My friend got food poinsoning soooo much!! One time, she found mice droppings in her food. I am not kidding.

Original post by bloomingbacteria
Beaumont Hall is a mistake you will completely regret that in freshers. Everyone I know who lives there complains about it, the food is awful everyone wastes all there money on buying decent food and never go out. No one is social! You should definitely ask to move to Mary Gee... That is the place to go.

I'm just going to hope that you guys are either trolls, exaggerating the situation or it was just your cohort that wasn't social.
I think its a pretty stupid thing to say that nobody is social as there will be different people there when I go...

Also, in regards to the food, Beaumont caters for Digby as well as it's own students and so the quality of food would have to be decent. I would assume that it is also the same catering company that is in operation in John Foster and so the food should theoretically be the same across the board.

I'm not going to change my decision based on what you two say, rather experience it for myself and if worst comes to worst and you are right then I can complain and either change rooms or find some other solution. If some element of it is below satisfactory (such as the aforementioned mouse droppings) then they would have to make changes to it because that is clearly a breach of the health and safety act :P
Reply 137
Original post by 7ButlerJ
I'm just going to hope that you guys are either trolls, exaggerating the situation or it was just your cohort that wasn't social.
I think its a pretty stupid thing to say that nobody is social as there will be different people there when I go...

+1 to what you said. :smile: I haven't eaten in Beaumont dining room but I've been in both other dining rooms, they're all catered by the same people and the food and hygiene is fine. As you said, if there really were mouse droppings they'd take action to rectify it. Beaumont is probably one of the most social blocks, due to the large flat sizes. I've had no problems with the food or accommodation. Any faults have been fixed by maintenance within a few days, and a friend has tailored meals due to dietary requirements which the caterers sorted within a week.

There's nothing to worry about. :biggrin:
[QUOTE=7ButlerJ;56512719]I'll be staying in Beaumont too! But I'm on floor 1... It doesn't say anything on my contract about which block I'm in?

Login here: https://rooms.le.ac.uk/eaccom/login/start.do
Then "view your accomodation offers", then "view" once more
It will be under accomodation details:tongue:
i went catered at GMS and John Foster :K::K::K:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending