The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I heard there is a new student accomodation by the name E&O very near UoL. Is there place ready and good? Or still under construction? Anyone can help reply? Tqvm n best regards
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by Reindeer Games
True actually, I put that being self-catered was more important! If you do ring, please let me know what they say. :smile:

Called them after work and they said yeah the coppice is same sex flats. Also asked about being moved from the ground floor but they said no :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h i y a
Anyone else here going to stay in the coppice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'm currently in The Coppice this year if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by h i y a
Called them after work and they said yeah the coppice is same sex flats. Also asked about being moved from the ground floor but they said no :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh, fair enough. That's a shame, but hardly awful! And the ground floor isn't too bad, at least you don't have to haul your stuff up flights of stairs. :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by Danielle.A

Thank you so much. I have a few but i'm sure your really busy so ill keep it short. The main thing really is do you know where I could find some sort picture of the rooms in The Coppice because I cant make it to any open days and i've found absolutely nought on the internet. Really just want to get an idea of where i'm living next year. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 105
Original post by Reindeer Games
Huh, fair enough. That's a shame, but hardly awful! And the ground floor isn't too bad, at least you don't have to haul your stuff up flights of stairs. :smile:

Yeah its not my ideal scenario but its still not bad. Really just happy that I have an ensuite. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 7ButlerJ
You should hear back pretty soon. I'd imagine there was a delay due to Easter or possibly they just struggled with the rush of applications seeing as its not been open long. It took them about 18 or 19 days to respond to me but I got it in pretty much as soon as it opened so I might have been one of the first on the list and so they did mine early?

And yeah, the deposit is £250 and this must be paid for you to be able to accept the offer. You also have to choose your payment plan - you can choose; pay all at once, pay the first two terms at once and then pay the third term at a later date or pay termly. However, there doesn't seem to be any cost reduction if you choose to pay it all at once which is a bit strange... And, for me at least, it was saying that the deadline for payment for the first two payment methods was the day that I got the offer so I just chose the pay termly one.

Could a current/past student clarify whether I'll be able to change my payment method once I have started so that I can pay it all at once when I get the money?

Original post by 7ButlerJ
My parents are giving me £5k for when I start for me to pay for my accommodation so I'll be able to pay it all at once. Do you think it's worth doing this or, seeing as I don't seem to save any money, would paying termly be better?

You can pay it all at once even if you choose to pay termly.

To be honest I'd suggest that with no reduction for paying it up front that you place the money in a savings account (new tax year has just started so you can open a new ISA with a higher interest rate) and then pay the accomdation termly from this account. As interest is worked out on a daily basis it is better in there than your current account. You might as well earn the interest rather than the university.
Original post by h i y a
Thank you so much. I have a few but i'm sure your really busy so ill keep it short. The main thing really is do you know where I could find some sort picture of the rooms in The Coppice because I cant make it to any open days and i've found absolutely nought on the internet. Really just want to get an idea of where i'm living next year. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are no pictures online. I'll take some when I go back :smile:
do the rooms use ethernet or wifi for internet?
Original post by Wincastle
I'm deciding on The Coppice too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just confirmed my place in The Coppice :biggrin: I'm on Floor 1, Flat 12!
Original post by emilylaurenmay
Pharmaceutical Chemistry MChem, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm doing this course too :biggrin: I'm staying in John Foster The Coppice though. See you in September!
Original post by hownowholly
Floor 1, flat 12! Haha, I guess, I'm still taking History for A2, so not completely sciencey!! :biggrin:

I'm Floor 1, flat 12 too! Room C :smile:

What kind of things will I need to take to halls with me? I confirmed my place in The Coppice and was hoping I could find some kind of inventory somewhere to see what I needed but had no luck! :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by scriberg
do the rooms use ethernet or wifi for internet?

Both. There's a box in your room with 4 (I think) ethernet ports and wifi everywhere.
Original post by Avox
Both. There's a box in your room with 4 (I think) ethernet ports and wifi everywhere.

Thank you!

Original post by georgia101
What kind of things will I need to take to halls with me? I confirmed my place in The Coppice and was hoping I could find some kind of inventory somewhere to see what I needed but had no luck! :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University
Ah I'm doing this course too :biggrin: I'm staying in John Foster The Coppice though. See you in September!

:biggrin: I am ridiculously excited, September can't come quick enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the Leicester website, it shows a standard ensuite room with a small desk - is the case with all standard ensuite rooms? Are all the desks really that small???

Source: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo...andard-ensuite
Reply 117
There are no pictures online. I'll take some when I go back :smile:

Thank you so so much!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll need to take pretty much everything with you. In your room and ensuite you're provided with a bin but nothing else from what I can remember. For the kitchen you'll need to take a toaster because they're not provided :smile:
Hi everyone!
I just accepted my accommodation offer at John Foster Hall, Howard house! First floor I believe. Anyone else in the same flat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending