The Student Room Group

JLR Engineering Grad Scheme

Hey all,

i started a thread in the main careers forum about the jlr grad applications and there's some chat about other business areas but no one has said anything about their engineering scheme.
anyone applied, going to apply or currently on the scheme?

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I applied beginning of October and completed all the online tests and somehow got through to the assessment centre which was at the beginning of Dec and the next day had a phonecall saying that I had a place.

They are pretty good in terms of getting back to you within a few days so good luck :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Was your assessment centre on the 3rd? I think I was in your batch!

I was offered a place too, can't wait for July.
Reply 3
Yeah pretty sure it was. Just sent off all the relevant documents last week. Apparently in the new year they are telling us where we will be based and setting up a Facebook group
Original post by welshood
Yeah pretty sure it was. Just sent off all the relevant documents last week. Apparently in the new year they are telling us where we will be based and setting up a Facebook group

Congratulations guys! Thought the ACs were not until February. How many UCAS points do you have if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 5
Well I think I have like 240 if that. Only a B in electronics and an A in sports science (wanted to be a physio at first) got on to a foundation course easily but then onto a BEng now in the final year and couldn't be happier with an opportunity with jlr. Any questions I'd be happy to answer
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by welshood
Well I think I have like 240 if that. Only a B in electronics and an A in sports science (wanted to be a physio at first) got on to a foundation course easily but then onto a BEng now in the final year and couldn't be happier with an opportunity with jlr. Any questions I'd be happy to answer
Posted from TSR Mobile

How long did it take between completing the tests and the invite?
I have heard that people are ranked then invited to assessment centres based on UCAS points and online tests results.
You must have aced the online tests :smile:
Reply 7
I completed the tests in October/early November then got invited about 3 weeks later I think it was. I found the situational judgment test quite easy along with the literacy and numerical test but the diagrammatical test ridiculously hard. Think I guessed the last 4! Thank god they dropped the retesting of them in the AC!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending