The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Offer is higher than Predicted Grades?

I received a conditional offer from Newcastle university, which I'm very pleased about. Although, I'm very confused about their offer.

Firstly, my predicted grade is A (Psychology), B(Biology) and B (English Lit) --->AS grades = B (Psychology), C (English Lit), D (Biology), and E(Chemistry) -I dropped chemistry.

Their standard offer was ABB for Molecular and Cellular Biology, so I understand why they'd offer me ABB. BUT they specified that they want an 'A' in Biology and 'B's in my other two subject.

Is there a reason for this? It'll probably motivate me to revise hard and work for that 'A' but from getting a 'D' in AS?!?! I did say in UCAS I'm re-sitting Biology Unit 2, which I got a 'D' at (My ISA= C and Unit 1 =C) I just don't understand why they'd make an 'specific' offer seeing as though I achieved a 'D' at AS :s-smilie: Like, i'm sure they know that there's a 'HIGH CHANCE' of me not getting that 'A'??? so there's a high chance of me not meeting their offer??? meaning I'll probably just not get into the uni at results day? :s-smilie:

Can someone please clarify this for me :smile:
Original post by Bruno26
I received a conditional offer from Newcastle university, which I'm very pleased about. Although, I'm very confused about their offer.

Firstly, my predicted grade is A (Psychology), B(Biology) and B (English Lit) --->AS grades = B (Psychology), C (English Lit), D (Biology), and E(Chemistry) -I dropped chemistry.

Their standard offer was ABB for Molecular and Cellular Biology, so I understand why they'd offer me ABB. BUT they specified that they want an 'A' in Biology and 'B's in my other two subject.

Is there a reason for this? It'll probably motivate me to revise hard and work for that 'A' but from getting a 'D' in AS?!?! I did say in UCAS I'm re-sitting Biology Unit 2, which I got a 'D' at (My ISA= C and Unit 1 =C) I just don't understand why they'd make an 'specific' offer seeing as though I achieved a 'D' at AS :s-smilie: Like, i'm sure they know that there's a 'HIGH CHANCE' of me not getting that 'A'??? so there's a high chance of me not meeting their offer??? meaning I'll probably just not get into the uni at results day? :s-smilie:

Can someone please clarify this for me :smile:

This is normal, unis do specify which subject they want a grade in
However if you miss your offer by one grade or a couple of UMS they still may also take you
Also I repeated the yr
My bio first yr was a U
Second yr got a C
Hoping to retake the bad modules and get an A :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by selenerrr__x
This is normal, unis do specify which subject they want a grade in
However if you miss your offer by one grade or a couple of UMS they still may also take you
Also I repeated the yr
My bio first yr was a U
Second yr got a C
Hoping to retake the bad modules and get an A :smile:

Oh right, I was just surprised! My other offers were all on spot with my predicted grades, even specifying Biology as a 'B'. And there's Newcastle wanting an 'A' hahaha! :biggrin: Ooooh, and at least it got from a 'U' to a 'C'! That's an amazing achievement! Well done :smile: I wish you Good Luck on your re-sits and hopefully, we'll both get 'A's by the end of A2 :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending