The Student Room Group

Applying for MSc. Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) with a lower 2:2 honours?

I have a BSc. of Pharmacy (Accelerated 5-year program) degree and I graduated with a lower second class honours, do I have any chance of being accepted into a Pre-registration Physio program?

Ideally I want to start in January 2015 or September 2015 at the latest.

Also, would there be any courses out there that I can take that would possibly improve my marks and improve my chances of getting accepted into one of the programs? I have been thing of doing a MSc. of Psychology program starting in January 2015 to improve my marks then reapply again for Physio in 2016, and I would like to get your insights on that as well.
Original post by sherifd
I have a BSc. of Pharmacy (Accelerated 5-year program) degree and I graduated with a lower second class honours, do I have any chance of being accepted into a Pre-registration Physio program?

Ideally I want to start in January 2015 or September 2015 at the latest.

Also, would there be any courses out there that I can take that would possibly improve my marks and improve my chances of getting accepted into one of the programs? I have been thing of doing a MSc. of Psychology program starting in January 2015 to improve my marks then reapply again for Physio in 2016, and I would like to get your insights on that as well.

Hello, sorry to bring bad news but the only place that will accept a 2:2 is essex. Also, to start in January you would have had to apply months ago. Essex is a september start though. I know through experience as I got a 2:2 and offers from 2 unis for the MSc but couldn't go as they wouldn't let me once i gained my result. There is no negotiating, no matter how much work experience blah blah blah you have. However, if you do a 1 year masters in something else and get a merit (I think) which is equivalent to a 2:1 then you can be considered. Saying that, you may as well just apply for the undergraduate physiotherapy route because both options will take 3 years!
Reply 2
Original post by Physflop
Hello, sorry to bring bad news but the only place that will accept a 2:2 is essex. Also, to start in January you would have had to apply months ago. Essex is a september start though. I know through experience as I got a 2:2 and offers from 2 unis for the MSc but couldn't go as they wouldn't let me once i gained my result. There is no negotiating, no matter how much work experience blah blah blah you have. However, if you do a 1 year masters in something else and get a merit (I think) which is equivalent to a 2:1 then you can be considered. Saying that, you may as well just apply for the undergraduate physiotherapy route because both options will take 3 years!

So Essex wouldn't accept you with a 2:2?
Original post by sherifd

Yes essex will consider but no other uni will
Original post by sherifd

Also you need physiotherapy work experience, there's no point applying without it because they will reject without thought

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending