The Student Room Group

Considering a job for the summer..

Hello!
I know now that when I dont have any purpose(ie no exams, on holiday, without a part time job) I get quite depressed. So I was considering what job would be best for me once my a2's are finished.
I could do a little cleaning job, but i feel that that wouldnt challenge me enough. It's easy money but i want the chance to gain valuable experience, mainly just to gain more confidence etc. But at the same time, I really dont seem to like the retail jobs. (ie sainsburys, clothes shops) I have a little bit of experience from it- and found that i wasnt encouraged, people just annoyed me alot, and i didnt feel that i was right for the job, and could provide the kind of service that i would want to receive! (due to nerves, shyness etc)

Does anyone have any ideas about jobs i could pursue that arent necessarily face to face with customers, but still challenging?
Maybe a call centre or something.. I dont know. I live in the Oxford area so if anybody know's any businesses that i could consider, that would be cool :smile:
Have you searched online? There should be websites which advertise similar types of jobs in certain areas
Yeah try for something like a call centre, or if you wanna do something a lot more exciting that won't bore you - why not work in a prison?
Reply 3
Original post by 29Bilal96
Have you searched online? There should be websites which advertise similar types of jobs in certain areas

I have and im aware of the jobs that are available- its just im trying to think what the best job would be for me, and my circumstances. I don't want to push myself into a job that i know wont benefit me, or i'll end up shying away from.
Reply 4
Original post by Safiya122
Yeah try for something like a call centre, or if you wanna do something a lot more exciting that won't bore you - why not work in a prison?

What kind of jobs do you think someone of my age and experience could do in a prison? It definitely sounds interesting, cause im quite interested in that field, but I wander whether I would be ready for it.
Original post by Emily.97
What kind of jobs do you think someone of my age and experience could do in a prison? It definitely sounds interesting, cause im quite interested in that field, but I wander whether I would be ready for it.

I guess it depends on how experienced they think you are like maybe you'll work in the reception area or something, and maybe you will get a chance to meet some of the inmates i mean who knows? I guess it's what you'd want to do in a prison and how experienced they think you would be for it
Reply 6
Original post by Safiya122
I guess it depends on how experienced they think you are like maybe you'll work in the reception area or something, and maybe you will get a chance to meet some of the inmates i mean who knows? I guess it's what you'd want to do in a prison and how experienced they think you would be for it

Hmm, okay. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending