The Student Room Group

Would you rather/rather not date a sporty person?

Scroll to see replies

Only reason I would like someone to be sporty is because that might mean they have a good body and work out. But if they do that anyway without doing sport, that's better - sport seems to take up a lot of time....
Original post by e aí rapaz
So, sometimes you couldn't see your bf cos he was busy with his hobby??!

Men are bastards!

I meant I would go to see him and he'd go out instead.
I wouldn't mind in itself, but I actually don't like the athletic look in girls, I prefer them soft, not fat but not toned. My ex was in really good shape, she didn't play sport but she worked out quite a lot, she had a really good athletic build, I felt a little guilty for not appreciating it.

I love watching sports though, so that's always a bonus. I also need a bit of encouragement to stay healthy myself, so a partner who jogs a bit would be good for that.
Er...why must it? you're essentially saying that having hobbies is wrong...
Reply 24
I like sporty people mostly because of their bodies. Since I put a decent amount of effort into my body, I would like the guy I'm dating to do the same as well. Plus, I'd really like to try doing different kinds of sports with him. :P
Doing some form of exercise is good.
I wouldn't want to be with someone like that (ideally), as I'm really not into sports.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I would rather not date a sporty person. I have no interest in participating in sports or watching it on tv and would rather be with someone who felt the same way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This pretty much, or at least "traditional sports" like football/rugby etc. However my boyfriend and I met at archery and that's technically a sport, even if when I joined 5 years ago it was more of drinking club. How times have changed :moon:
For me it is a bit love/hate. I aspire to being sporty but can't keep up the commitment. I admire girls who are serious about keeping fit and they can be bloody sexy. But in truth I would probably prefer to get drunk with and eat too much with a date and confine the most part of the exercise to bed.
I'd rather not date a sporty person. We would be completely different people.
Interesting to see the poll results suggest women are less keen when they usually love muscular men.
Original post by Rakas21
Interesting to see the poll results suggest women are less keen when they usually love muscular men.

I wouldn't take the results too seriously, it being TSR :tongue:

Women don't necessarily prefer muscular guys, though looking at it the other way a lot draw the line at dating a fat guy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending