The Student Room Group

MPhil in Finance and Economics - Cambridge 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Aluv
May I ask if your condition is average 70% for your final year?

Yes, it is.
Original post by Danf159
Just gonna share that I got the conditional offer today! :colondollar:

Now... time to meet that condition

Hi Danf159

I am a final year Warwick Econ as well.
I wonder would you mind to share whether you got offer through email or found out on CAMSIS?
I found mine on CAMSIS but the only condition I see is attending pre-course in Sept.
Is that the same for your CAMSIS too ?
Reply 82
Original post by sophianth
Hi Danf159

I am a final year Warwick Econ as well.
I wonder would you mind to share whether you got offer through email or found out on CAMSIS?
I found mine on CAMSIS but the only condition I see is attending pre-course in Sept.
Is that the same for your CAMSIS too ?

I found mine on CamSIS.

Really?!?! Mine had the following:

UK Bachelor 70% final year

Passport

Visa Status

Acceptance of Offer

Financial Undertaking

It was under "View offer conditions/comments"
Original post by Danf159
I found mine on CamSIS.

Passport

Visa Status

Acceptance of Offer

Financial Undertaking

Yes, I saw from View offer conditions/comments as well :s-smilie: It is so confusing :frown: Do you mind to have a look at the conditions that I sent you through the message?
Reply 84
Original post by Danf159
I found mine on CamSIS.

Passport

Visa Status

Acceptance of Offer

Financial Undertaking

Hi Danf159,

Do you know should we send the final transcript by post or just upload it in the system? All my friend think we just need to upload it, but I find this in the "An Explanation of Your Offer and its Conditions" document:

"If you have already uploaded your transcript via your self-service you will still be asked to send the original, a certified copy, or a secure electronic document so that we can verify its authenticity."
Reply 85
Original post by peterxu
Hi Danf159,

Do you know should we send the final transcript by post or just upload it in the system? All my friend think we just need to upload it, but I find this in the "An Explanation of Your Offer and its Conditions" document:

"If you have already uploaded your transcript via your self-service you will still be asked to send the original, a certified copy, or a secure electronic document so that we can verify its authenticity."

I am not too sure. I would email BoGS or your college to see if that is necessary.
Reply 86
Anyone has got acceptance of college membership?
Reply 87
I've got Queens' :smile:

Where is everyone else headed?!
Reply 88
Original post by Danf159
I've got Queens' :smile:

Where is everyone else headed?!

Being randomly thrown into Wolfson College....:frown: sigh....
Reply 89
Original post by Aluv
Being randomly thrown into Wolfson College....:frown: sigh....

I've got Wolfson as well :frown: but for the Diploma in Economics
Reply 90
Original post by F4N
I've got Wolfson as well :frown: but for the Diploma in Economics

Sigh...well think positively it's Cambridge anyway but I seriously need to consider my offers from US uni now though it sounds stupid feelig bad becoz of this
Reply 91
Original post by Aluv
Sigh...well think positively it's Cambridge anyway but I seriously need to consider my offers from US uni now though it sounds stupid feelig bad becoz of this

Haha you're making me feel worse about it too. Does college make a big difference at the graduate level?
Reply 92
Original post by F4N
Haha you're making me feel worse about it too. Does college make a big difference at the graduate level?

Oops sorry I don't think it makes much difference in terms of studies but difference in college life i guess. We can still join some events in other colleges if we got to know someone in there so it should be fine. It's me willing to stay in a more traditional college that's it. haha but still cambridge so no worries
Reply 93
Still seeking college membership. kind of worried now. Is it possible that I can't get membership from any college?
Original post by peterxu
Still seeking college membership. kind of worried now. Is it possible that I can't get membership from any college?

no :smile: you must be taken by someone :smile: who are you waiting for? I'm still with my first choice, Caius, and it's been a month already!
Reply 95
Original post by rollerboller
no :smile: you must be taken by someone :smile: who are you waiting for? I'm still with my first choice, Caius, and it's been a month already!

I applied for Trinity and Emmanuel and got rejected by both haha:s-smilie:. Now waiting to be thrown to somewhere.
Reply 96
Anyone else in St Edmunds College for this course?
Hello, I am going into 4 year in Edinburgh Uni. Currently thinking about applying for LE for postgra study. How likely will I be able to get in if I have an expected upper 2:1, some off-curricular activities and a bank interinship experience? Since I am interested economically or financially related subjects, and have to take into account the probability of acceptance, would you say the MPhil in Eco and Finance is easier to get in?Many thanks!:smile:
Reply 98
Hi all, I'm looking to get the some of the course materials for the MPhil Economics and I am willing to pay for them in exchange. Send me a PM if you are willing to share some of your notes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending