The Student Room Group

When do you think it's 'acceptable' to put up Christmas decorations?

Generally I'd say the 1st of December - although I have got an advent calendar up :colondollar:

When will you be 'Decking the halls'? Or won't you?

Scroll to see replies

Once the weather gets wintry bear™ gets his baubles out and hangs them up in the window
Reply 2
I think around 15th December. I don't get the people who put them up in November. The people who keep them up in January get on my nerves as well. Take them down! You wouldn't keep up Halloween decorations until 15th November!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine stay up all year because I cba to take them down.

It'll pay off in about a week or two's time :smug:
1st of December
I think the beginning of December is about right; no earlier than the end of November though. Christmas is great and all, but let's not overkill it.
Yeah 1st of December at the earliest.
From the 1st of Dec.
I was looking round houses for 2nd year yesterday, and one house already had the Christmas tree, stocking and decorations up :colonhash:
Not until December. Of course, there are exceptions- quite a lot of my friends have decorations up in their student houses, but since they'll all be going home for Christmas in a few weeks that's ok with me.
Original post by Reluire
I think the beginning of December is about right; no earlier than the end of November though. Christmas is great and all, but let's not overkill it.

Christmas tends to overstay it's welcome. By 23rd December you can't wait for everything to be over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Early December.
Late Nov/early Dec.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Generally I'd say the 1st of December - although I have got an advent calendar up :colondollar:

*High Five* - I'm with you, 1st of December! :biggrin:
Original post by Balloon Baboon
*High Five* - I'm with you, 1st of December! :biggrin:

PRSOM :sad:

Seems like quite a popular view :five:
For me it's always been Dec 10th as Dad's birthday is on the 9th so we'd do that, then put all the Christmas decs up after it :smile:. I have seen a few with trees up this week and would say that it's still a little too early, but another two weeks and I'd say go for it.

I agree that 1st december is about right to start putting decorations up.
Seems like quite a popular view :five:

Indeed! - anything before the 1st is just lunacy! :biggrin:
I usually start decorating on the 25th of November so exactly a month before. But then once Christmas Day rolls around you're itching to take down the decorations lol. So I think I'll put mine up on 1st December at the earliest.
Always the 12th of December.

Quick Reply

Latest