The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University - 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cdude
I'm thinking of applying for International Business - Do you think there will be an interview?

Hi cdude,

With any course there is a chance you will have to attend an interview, these are nothing to worry about!

I hope this helps,
Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
I was wondering if there are chances to find employment, like work study or being a student worker for a department? How would I go about finding that?
Original post by Kingston University
Hello!

This thread is for anyone who is currently applying to study with us to start 2015 and for all those who have an offer to start in 2015.

Feel free to chat to each other and to ask us any questions - we’ll answer them as best we can.

Kingston University Team

Thanks!

I would like to apply as a fee paying student and study MSc Information Systems or MSc Software Engineering in Kingston. Although I find much information in university website, However it's not clear for me how much time it would take to receive reply after you submitted online application? as I would be applying on 6th January 2015 for September intake. In the meantime, I would also like to know about scholarships available to international students received offer letter. Is it possible to apply and be awarded scholarship before depositing first installment?

Note: I have BSc with 3.6 GPA and scored 6.5 in IELTS with no band less than 6.

Thanks,
Abdul Rahman
Hi
I am considering applying for your Forensic Analysis MSc course.
I was just wondering- how many people find work 6 months after completing this course (in percentage)?
Thanks!
Original post by LaurenG23
Hi
I was just wondering- how many people find work 6 months after completing this course (in percentage)?
Thanks!

You can follow the link below. Let me mention that I filtered by earth and marine science. However you can filter by your own need.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2014/jun/03/university-guide-2015-league-table-for-earth-and-marine-sciences
Hello! I've been offered a place at kingston university to study law, I was wondering whether many students took the year abroad? And if they did whether they would recommend it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by becca.louise
Hello! I've been offered a place at kingston university to study law, I was wondering whether many students took the year abroad? And if they did whether they would recommend it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Becca,

Congratulations on your offer! Yes the study abroad scheme in law is very popular. We actually have a Student Ambassador studying at the moment, although she has gone to Sweden there are a lof of countries you can go to. Some of Chelsey's first blogs from Sweden are here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Chloe
Student Ambassador
Original post by LaurenG23
Hi
Thanks!

Hi Lauren,

My colleagues are now back in the office and I will try and get an answer for you.

Student Ambassador
Original post by arahmancsd
Thanks!

I would like to apply as a fee paying student and study MSc Information Systems or MSc Software Engineering in Kingston. Although I find much information in university website, However it's not clear for me how much time it would take to receive reply after you submitted online application? as I would be applying on 6th January 2015 for September intake. In the meantime, I would also like to know about scholarships available to international students received offer letter. Is it possible to apply and be awarded scholarship before depositing first installment?

Note: I have BSc with 3.6 GPA and scored 6.5 in IELTS with no band less than 6.

Thanks,
Abdul Rahman

Hi Abdul,

I would recommend contacting the admissions team with your queries as they have experience with international students contact details are: +44 (0)20 8328 1148 (for callers outside the UK) Email: [email protected]

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with,

Student Ambassador
Reply 29
Hi, I have an interview at Kingston for Primary Teaching leading to QTS, do you have any advice or tips for the interview?
Original post by Woodsha
Hi, I have an interview at Kingston for Primary Teaching leading to QTS, do you have any advice or tips for the interview?

Hi Woodsha,

Congratulations on getting an interview!

I would say go over your personal statement again and make sure you can answer questions on it. Also go in with a positive frame of mind, this always helps and remember the interviewer isn't trying to make you slip up or scare you! Also think about what makes a good teacher and how you think you can achieve that or if you already have some of those qualities.

Good Luck!

Student Ambassador
Original post by Kingston University
Hi Lauren,

My colleagues are now back in the office and I will try and get an answer for you.

Student Ambassador

Thank you :smile:
Hello!

I've applied for Psychology/Criminology, and I sent my application on the 13th of December, but I haven't heard back yet? How long does it take to hear back about a rejection/offer?

Thank you!
Reply 33
Original post by lailaramzy
Hello!

I've applied for Psychology/Criminology, and I sent my application on the 13th of December, but I haven't heard back yet? How long does it take to hear back about a rejection/offer?

Thank you!

I sent my application off on the 9th and received an offer on the 19th to do Human Geography. Maybe your application wasn't seen before the christmas break so hopefully they are looking at it now :smile:
I just heard back today! Got my offer, which is awesome because Kingston's my first choice!
Hi,
what would the layout be more appropriate for an online portfolio for BA Filmmaking?
I am using a vimeo page but not sure if I should post all the film work I have done so far (which is less than 20 pieces) and let them choose which video clips they want to view or just have a few.
Also, not sure what else to include asides from my final pieces of film projects I have done, should I include perhaps some storyboards, initial ideas? To show my progress..

Many Thanks :smile:
Reply 36
Is anyone wanting to study Fashion and Textiles at Kingston trying to find some people to hang out with. Just waiting to hear back from Kingston now (hopefully soon) Kellii xxx
I applied to do film production and I've been asked to submit a portfolio by the end of the month in order to be considered as an applicant, which is a myth. So much for Kingston uni..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for pharmacy!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got a group interview at Kingston and Portsmouth for pharmacy, any advice on the type of questions might be asked ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending