The Student Room Group

Do you get nostalgic about things?

I've recently been looking up music that was out when I was a kid, and listening to those old songs has brought back lots of memories from that time. Looking at old photos has a similar effect, I get nostalgic when looking at old photos of me and at old school photos for example.

Does anyone else ever get feelings of nostalgia?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I especially get when looking back at pics of me and my pets, partner and family from years ago. The feelings that come back make me feel both happy and sad. Going to certain places or listening to certain songs can make me feel nostalgic too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RFowler
I've recently been looking up music that was out when I was a kid, and listening to those old songs has brought back lots of memories from that time. Looking at old photos has a similar effect, I get nostalgic when looking at old photos of me and at old school photos for example.

Does anyone else ever get feelings of nostalgia?

I dooooooo :moon:

Music gives me goosebumps and always makes me very nostalgic :h:

I find smells are very powerful too - the smell of Paddington underground station reminds me of living and working in London, aftershaves/perfumes remind me of people I love....

"Nostalgia" can be seasonal for me too.... like the Starbucks red cup being released in November. Brings back very happy memories of going for walks each year around Brighton all wrapped up in the autumnal sunshine, hand in hand with a toffee nut latte.... feeling excited about Christmas

[scroll]:candycane::snow: :candycane::snow: :candycane::snow: [/scroll]
Yes. I work in my old primary school and I get very nostalgic at the memories...
Original post by Spock's Socks
Going to certain places or listening to certain songs can make me feel nostalgic too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot about places. My grandma and grandad would often take me up the woods after picking me up from preschool. My dad would do the same thing from about the same age, possibly earlier. When you're that age you don't know your way around the place and going up the woods is like an adventure.

Walking or driving past my old primary school has a similar effect as well.
It makes me incredibly sad how we all get old and then die :frown: That I will never be able to experience childhood again.
Reply 6
yes, clubland 10 brings back the memories
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It makes me incredibly sad how we all get old and then die :frown: That I will never be able to experience childhood again.

That reminds me of a quote - don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

I suppose those of us who decide to have kids someday will be able to "experience" childhood again but in a different way.
The Nintendo 64. What a machine that was
Original post by RFowler
That reminds me of a quote - don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

I suppose those of us who decide to have kids someday will be able to "experience" childhood again but in a different way.

That is so weird. I heard that someone say that today already lol

If I can find someone who will make kids with me :cry:

This gives me a nostalgia happiness orgasm overload. :moon:
[video="youtube;_0t7-Ks10Dc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0t7-Ks10Dc[/video]

Actually it is probably telling that most things that give me nostalgia is video game music.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not much of a sentimental person.

Generally don't like stuff from the past. Don't really care much for people of the past either and not that fond of history or past glories.

Generally don't have much appreciation for anything old unless it has something very special about it and it is still useful.
also this

[video="youtube;nBPK_oXeJgA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPK_oXeJgA[/video]

That gives me the shivers.
That is so weird. I heard that someone say that today already lol

If I can find someone who will make kids with me :cry:

This gives me a nostalgia happiness orgasm overload. :moon:
[video="youtube;_0t7-Ks10Dc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0t7-Ks10Dc[/video]

Actually it is probably telling that most things that give me nostalgia is video game music.

Super Mario 64 makes me nostalgic, including the music. Used to play on it all the time when I was a kid.
Reply 13
All the time. Smells especially make me nostalgic. It's kinda weird but when I was younger I tried a lot of different scents of deodorant rather than just sticking to one, and now whenever I smell one of those scents it takes me back to the time I was using it :tongue:
Yeh I often get nostalgic quite often, probably because my life is quite boring at the moment.
Yes, YES!
I often do get nostalgic about things, and it is rather irritating.
Listening to those pieces of music when I was younger, viewing those olden pictures, just activates those past memories and brings back sadness.
Yes I do. Music, TV shows and even video games from time to time. :yep:
Original post by Foo.mp3
I almost miss dem virginal days of epic et. excitable Goldeneye seshes :teeth:

Fixed.
Original post by She-Ra
I dooooooo :moon:

"Nostalgia" can be seasonal for me too.... like the Starbucks red cup being released in November. Brings back very happy memories of going for walks each year around Brighton all wrapped up in the autumnal sunshine, hand in hand with a toffee nut latte.... feeling excited about Christmas

[scroll]:candycane::snow: :candycane::snow: :candycane::snow: [/scroll]

I feel the same about Christmas. At that time of year I end up thinking about what the Christmas period was like when I was a kid. The excitement in the run up to Christmas, getting an advent calendar, putting Christmas decorations up, Christmas songs, the actual day, etc.

And the school nativity play that we did every year. "Away in a manger" gets me right in the feels.
Yes, especially on New Year's for some reason.

My friend recently reminded me of this which took me back to when I was still little.
[video="youtube;XdBr9DgKppY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdBr9DgKppY[/video]

Why couldn't Neverland be real? :cry:

Original post by Foo.mp3

Spoiler

Ahaha Captain Pugwash! I don't think it's that old; I used to watch it when I was a kid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending