The Student Room Group

Why didn't this girl let me hug her? Please help

Scroll to see replies

Ask her if she's ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Safiya122
idk maybe she likes you but she's heard something bad about you?

Her social circle at Uni don't know me, and I trust my closet friends who know her not to say anything bad about me. hopefully.
Reply 22
Original post by FreshGarbage
Ask her if she's ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did ask her, and she said she had a bad nights sleep. I just said "can I give you a friendly hug". Nothing sexual or flirty.
and she threw it back into my face.
I think you're just overly paranoid. I doubt it means much, just ask her out on a different day.
Reply 24
Original post by Dilzo999
I think you're just overly paranoid. I doubt it means much, just ask her out on a different day.

Thanks for replying,

Maybe, but I feel I she doesn't want to hug me, why would she go out with me.
I have a friend who I've known for coming up seven years now and I have never hugged. I generally hug all my friends, but she just doesn't like personal contact.

Some people just prefer not to be hugged, that's all. If she's hugged you before, then maybe she just wanted personal space that day.
Reply 26
Original post by loperdoper
I have a friend who I've known for coming up seven years now and I have never hugged. I generally hug all my friends, but she just doesn't like personal contact.

Some people just prefer not to be hugged, that's all. If she's hugged you before, then maybe she just wanted personal space that day.

No never hugged before.
Yeah that seems very logical.
Original post by freedom
Thanks for replying,

Maybe, but I feel I she doesn't want to hug me, why would she go out with me.

Maybe she just didn't want a hug? You know lectures aren't the place to be giving people random hugs.
Reply 28
Original post by Dilzo999
Maybe she just didn't want a hug? You know lectures aren't the place to be giving people random hugs.

It was at the end, while we was walking out.
Saying 'can I give you a friendly hug' is probably what did it. You may as well have said 'I really want to touch you, but I'll pretend I'm not getting a hard on'.
(edited 9 years ago)
If you want to have any chance of hugging her..

1. Don't be a dick - about this or anything else

2. Be friendly and, if she wants one, she will ask for it in the next week or so

3. If she doesn't, see #1.
Original post by freedom
true lectures are very important. I was taking lots if notes.

I just don't want to be lonely.

Abysmal logic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending