The Student Room Group

is the university of manchester considered to be a flexible university.

for example if one of the coursed had an offer of AAB, and you got lower than that, say ABB or BBB, would that mean that you have a slim chance or is the uni not that strict?
I know its a Russell group one so that's why Im asking
no you could still get in depending on how many spaces are available and universities like manchester would look more at the UCAS points
Original post by Safiya122
no you could still get in depending on how many spaces are available and universities like manchester would look more at the UCAS points

well, I emailed them and they specifically said that they do not consider the UCAS Tariff points. the Grades are the only things they will look at....?

Does anyone know an approximate of how many people apply for Optom there each year?
Original post by STUDYREVISE
well, I emailed them and they specifically said that they do not consider the UCAS Tariff points. the Grades are the only things they will look at....?

Does anyone know an approximate of how many people apply for Optom there each year?

Hmmm....i guess each university has different expectations then

Interested to know what you mean by 'universities like manchester'
how many people approximately apply for Optom in the UofM each year?
Original post by jamez870
Interested to know what you mean by 'universities like manchester'

Like machester univeristy, at least for me, looked at UCAS points more than the grades I got, and i know a few that do that, that's what i mean
Like machester univeristy, at least for me, looked at UCAS points more than the grades I got, and i know a few that do that, that's what i mean

nope, they look at grades.
as I have already said.

I think what you mean is RUSELL GROUP? they look at grades. you've got it mixed up.
Russell group = mainly look at grades
other = both/ucas
nope, they look at grades.
as I have already said.

I think what you mean is RUSELL GROUP? they look at grades. you've got it mixed up.
Russell group = mainly look at grades
other = both/ucas

i've applied and been accepted into universities like Manchester, they looked more at my UCAS than my grades but maybe it depends on the course and stuff too
i've applied and been accepted into universities like Manchester, they looked more at my UCAS than my grades but maybe it depends on the course and stuff too

okay then
okay then

just tying to be helpful...
just tying to be helpful...

Oh, no I wasn't trying to offend you or anything :rolleyes:
It was interesting to know that UofM also considered the UCAS points too, so I was like "okay then (I didn't know that before, nice of you to mention).

thanks for your help though, appreciate your contribution for this post :smile:
Oh, no I wasn't trying to offend you or anything :rolleyes:
It was interesting to know that UofM also considered the UCAS points too, so I was like "okay then (I didn't know that before, nice of you to mention).

thanks for your help though, appreciate your contribution for this post :smile:

oh sorry, well that's okay sorry i couldn't help much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest