The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Becca
Yeah, as for the scariness thing, I just looked at it like starting uni all over again (which wasn't that scary). It was all just a bit soon and leaving my family, friends and bf was very difficult, but I have a kind of routine now and I think that's the secret to it, to learn about the place you're living and find out what's going on.

What do you do in terms of seeing your boyfriend? Does he come and visit you and things? Just asking because I'm going abroad next year and I'm a bit worried because I don't really want to go 3 months without seeing each other!
Reply 41
james99
What do you do in terms of seeing your boyfriend? Does he come and visit you and things? Just asking because I'm going abroad next year and I'm a bit worried because I don't really want to go 3 months without seeing each other!

Ah well, for starters, I won't tell you it's easy because it's not. It's really, really difficult so the first thing I'd tell you is to prepare yourself for that.
But, I came out to France at the beginning of September and my bf came out to visit me for a week. I'm actually in England at the moment and on Sunday I'm going over to Durham to see him ( :love: ) and then I'm coming home a bit earlier than I should (a few days) to see him again, then I'll go to his after new year as well. After that, we haven't planned that far ahead yet.
But it's OK, I miss him terribly but skype and MSN and phone cards make things easier. :smile:
Reply 42
Becca
Ah well, for starters, I won't tell you it's easy because it's not. It's really, really difficult so the first thing I'd tell you is to prepare yourself for that.
But, I came out to France at the beginning of September and my bf came out to visit me for a week. I'm actually in England at the moment and on Sunday I'm going over to Durham to see him ( :love: ) and then I'm coming home a bit earlier than I should (a few days) to see him again, then I'll go to his after new year as well. After that, we haven't planned that far ahead yet.
But it's OK, I miss him terribly but skype and MSN and phone cards make things easier. :smile:

Yeah, we're not expecting it to be easy....but we're gonna try our best at least! Are you staying in the halls of residence at your uni in France? Because I've heard most of them are really basic and don't have internet.....I'm thinking I definitely will need it so we can use skype and MSN to talk to each other, so it's looking like private accommodation is the way forward. Hopefully it won't be too hard to find somewhere with internet access!!
Reply 43
wesetters
If you're in France, it isn't too difficult to find somewhere with Internet access. Most of my friends in appartements from private landlords have set up contracts with Neuf Télécom wthout any agro. Just avoid the "Alice box". :biggrin:

Unfortunately it's slightly more difficult than that though, because I have to go to Germany for the first half of my year abroad I'll only be in France from the beginning of February - and I doubt I'll be able to set up a contract for only a few months, so I'll have to find somewhere which already has internet access included or something. Very scary :frown:
Reply 44
james99
Yeah, we're not expecting it to be easy....but we're gonna try our best at least! Are you staying in the halls of residence at your uni in France? Because I've heard most of them are really basic and don't have internet.....I'm thinking I definitely will need it so we can use skype and MSN to talk to each other, so it's looking like private accommodation is the way forward. Hopefully it won't be too hard to find somewhere with internet access!!

Yeah, I'm in halls and yeah there is no internet. The halls suck, but the library is really near and has wifi, although it's only open until 7.30/6.30 pm and closed on weekends.....:hmpf:
But my bf buys skype credit and phones me on skpye and we speak most days on MSN.

Latest

Trending

Trending