The Student Room Group

Birmingham 'exploitation' gang named.

I wondered what we all thought of this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-30114936

Do you think this is the right course of action to protect girls? What if you're related to the named men, how would you feel?

I personally think the judge, on balance, did the right thing.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think everyone was expecting the list to be made up of Mohammeds and Ahmeds. Where are the Als at?
Original post by Skip_Snip
I think everyone was expecting the list to be made up of Mohammeds and Ahmeds. Where are the Als at?

They couldnt make this one- they're down for next year's scandal though.
Original post by billydisco
So, they are Muslim? :rolleyes:

So, this is YET ANOTHER child sex gang where Muslims were the responsible?

Either:

-British police only enjoy following leads where Muslims are paedos

or

-The vast majority of child sex gangs are Muslim......

Are they really muslims though? The names and faces look Pakistani.
Original post by 6Jesus6Christ6
Are they really muslims though? The names and faces look Pakistani.

What? muslim (well, islam) is a religion, a religion followed by most Pakistanis.
Reply 5
Original post by billydisco
So, they are Muslim? :rolleyes:

So, this is YET ANOTHER child sex gang where Muslims were the responsible?

Either:

-British police only enjoy following leads where Muslims are paedos

or

-The vast majority of child sex gangs are Muslim......

Their ancestry and heritage has far more to do with this than the religion. If you want to implicate the religion, you need more examples of different Muslim communities doing that in the UK for it to stand.
What? muslim (well, islam) is a religion, a religion followed by most Pakistanis.

Is there any evidence to confirm that these sick paedos are actually practicing muslims/followers of Islam?

Is the problem really Islam/muslims, or does the problem lie with our government's (Labour, Tory, it doesn't matter) deteriorative immigration policies?

Is the problem really Islam/muslims, or does the problem lie with our government's (Labour, Tory, it doesn't matter) deteriorative immigration policies?

Well, obviously the immigration policies are/were stupid, but that doesn't remove blame from the perps.

Original post by TIATA

So that makes every Pakistani a Muslim? Are you stupid, or are you stupid? I'm gonna go with option 2 :wink:

Neither, but the post I quoted made being Pakistani and muslim sound mutually exclusive.
Well, obviously the immigration policies are/were stupid, but that doesn't remove blame from the perps.

So there's no evidence to label them as muslims.
So there's no evidence to label them as muslims.

Okay. But they, as individuals, are more to blame than the policies.
Okay. But they, as individuals, are more to blame than the policies.

I wholeheartedly agree that the individual is to blame for the individual's action.

I completely disagree with the notion that a belief system, such as Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Statism, Leftism, Conservatism ETC is to BLAME for an individual's actions.
Reply 11
This is evidence that immigration policies need to be made better
The media exposing these people may convince people who also wish to engage in such activites to stop, due to fear of public embarrassment
Reply 13
I wholeheartedly agree that the individual is to blame for the individual's action.

I completely disagree with the notion that a belief system, such as Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Statism, Leftism, Conservatism ETC is to BLAME for an individual's actions.

While I might agree that this particular case is not the result of religious teachings, are you really saying that someone's religious beliefs don't inform how they act?
Original post by TIATA
While I might agree that this particular case is not the result of religious teachings, are you really saying that someone's religious beliefs don't inform how they act?

I'm saying we shouldn't blame a given belief system for the actions of an individual.

An individual should be held responsible for the actions he commits and the consequences of his actions, not the belief system.

Though I do agree with you in saying that whole-hearted belief in certain specific concepts, e.g. "murder is wrong", "drugs are bad mmk", "fighting on a Friday night is fun", certainly do influence the behaviour of an individual. The belief must be akin to truth in order for this influence to be manifested.
This is getting ridiculous. Once again, I'm sure they will all be white girls.
Reply 16
I'm saying we shouldn't blame a given belief system for the actions of an individual.

An individual should be held responsible for the actions he commits and the consequences of his actions, not the belief system.

Though I do agree with you in saying that whole-hearted belief in certain specific concepts, e.g. "murder is wrong", "drugs are bad mmk", "fighting on a Friday night is fun", certainly do influence the behaviour of an individual. The belief must be akin to truth in order for this influence to be manifested.

I disagree.

If the specific religion that someone adheres to has a commandment that tells them to kill people who wear blue hats on Sunday and they do so, I think it would be perfectly fine to say that the religious teaching is a problem. That's not to say that the individual isn't at fault also.
Original post by TIATA
I disagree.

If the specific religion that someone adheres to has a commandment that tells them to kill people who wear blue hats on Sunday and they do so, I think it would be perfectly fine to say that the religious teaching is a problem. That's not to say that the individual isn't at fault also.

I see your point, however it is the individual's choice to accept such concepts as universal, unquestioned truth. Though we can consider that early-childhood indoctrination at home is also a problem in spreading unproductive beliefs.
Original post by KingBradly
This is getting ridiculous. Once again, I'm sure they will all be white girls.

Probably, but what does it matter what colour skin these harmed souls have?

Ask yourself, who has the power to let these sick ****s into this country? There you will find the real problem of today's times.
Is there any evidence to confirm that these sick paedos are actually practicing muslims/followers of Islam?

Muslims are the only immigrants to the UK? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending