The Student Room Group

How would you go about someone talking behind your back?

How would you go about someone talking about you behind your back when they do not know you so they have nothing to judge on, after I don't know them to judge either. True, if it was in any situation where my anger built up i would probably call them out on it by embarrassing them as **** like this gets on my nerves, particularly when the person knows nothing about you.

Do they do this to entertain their friends, because I know that if I confront them about it they will be scared, because when I get angry I can't hold back.
Is there any real reason to confront? Are they a part of your life? Will confronting them be of any benefit to you? I'd personally if I didn't know these people brush it off because I wouldn't care what they say.

I mean, why does it really matter?
Humans gossip.

And I think to many people, it's safer if they don't know the person. Not many may agree with that, but then there's less emotion involved if the person is a stranger or just a loose acquaintance.

You can beat them down, or just ignore them until it's in a position to affect you..
Reply 3
Original post by SophieSmall
Is there any real reason to confront? Are they a part of your life? Will confronting them be of any benefit to you? I'd personally if I didn't know these people brush it off because I wouldn't care what they say.

I mean, why does it really matter?

This. Unless they were pretending to be my friend or were someone I had to see regularly (such as a colleague) I wouldn't really care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending