The Student Room Group

Law with French undergraduate choices

Hi there,

I've recently put my UCAS application through and have applied to the following universities for Law with French/Law with French Law: Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, King's College London, Exeter, and Reading.

I was wondering if there was anyone who has any experience of what the courses at these unis are like, and if so, which is the best in their opinion.

I was also curious about the number of native French people on this course: I've heard from a couple of places that there are a good deal of French students on French Law courses, and that the teaching is aimed at French undergraduates rather than English ones.

I'm at a total loss at the moment as to whether I'm wasting my time applying for courses which aren't reccommended, any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks alot,

Felix
At Nottm I haven't met anyone doing either law with french/law with german who is a native, infact you are banned from studying languages which you are a native speaker of at Notts, and I would hope the same is true of everywhere as it could smash your average up.
Reply 2
Ahh right, I see..

The concern I'm having is more to do with the French Law modules: the course I really want to do is Law with French language, however most unis seem to run Law with French Law courses. The lecturers at Exeter were a bit ambiguous when I asked =S, I saw that as a bit of a bad sign.

I was considering Nottingham but live here already so thought it would be a bit unadventurous =)

Thanks all the same!
I'm applying for law with French law at UCL, I plan to do an ERASMUS exchange at my other universities if possible.

Latest

Trending

Trending