The Student Room Group

I'm really struggling with my level 3 diploma - it's too difficult

Hi guys I'm currently doing a level 3 Diploma and did a level 2 last year. frankly I'm not smart enough and am really thinking about quitting as it's really difficult even with advice/ help from teachers. I'm not really bothered about getting the qualification as I don't want to go onto any higher education because like I said I'm not clever enough and nver will be. Advice please? Thank you xx
Original post by Katiepinkwood
Hi guys I'm currently doing a level 3 Diploma and did a level 2 last year. frankly I'm not smart enough and am really thinking about quitting as it's really difficult even with advice/ help from teachers. I'm not really bothered about getting the qualification as I don't want to go onto any higher education because like I said I'm not clever enough and nver will be. Advice please? Thank you xx

You are under the false impression that you have to be clever to go to uni. I assure you, this not the case.

Mickey mouse universities are abound, with equally mickey mouse courses. I'd say anyone not in the first 50 universities out of the 120 we have in the UK are not really fit for higher education. We simply don't need that many. But if they want to pay money and have fun, who's to say no in a capitalist economy?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by thisistheend
You are under the false impression that you have to be clever to go to uni. I assure you, this not the case.

Mickey mouse universities are abound, with equally mickey mouse courses. I'd say anyone not in the first 50 universities out of the 120 we have in the UK are not really fit for higher education. We simply don't need that many. But if they want to pay money and have fun, who's to say no in a capitalist economy?

Okay... I think you've focused on the minor issue, here.
OP, if you're really struggling with your level 3, and you're doing everything you can to do the work then you should start looking at alternatives. I wouldn't recommend you stop it without having a back up plan, or even without putting your absolute all into doing well in it. You might not want to go to university, but that doesn't mean a level 3 qualification is wasted. It's a bit better than only having level 2's. So I recommend you look elsewhere for coursework help, your teachers aren't your only source. Internet, books, extra practice at your subject. If you really think you've done all you can and you still can't keep up with it, then look at other options. Jobs and apprenticeships come to mind, take a look at what you're interested in and apply for them.
Original post by sliceofcake
Okay... I think you've focused on the minor issue, here.

Not really, I've tried to reassure the OP that she is in fact, clever enough to go to university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending