The Student Room Group

Just being friendly or something more?

Guy at my work who I've only spoken to a handful of times (and very briefly on all occasions) came up to me alone and invited me to his birthday drinks.

He then went on to say I should add him on Facebook. Later that night I added him on Facebook then he sent me a message with his mobile number and asked me if I was coming out or not. As it happens, I couldn't go.

The key issue in my mind is that he has a girlfriend. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I barely know him and he asked me to come to his birthday and gave me his phone number. If I had a boyfriend and he did this with a girl he just met i'd be a little suspicious, but maybe that's just me.

What do you think? Was he trying it on or just being friendly? I appreciate there is no definitive answer here but just want to see if people think I'm right to be thinking this way
Original post by Anonymous
Guy at my work who I've only spoken to a handful of times (and very briefly on all occasions) came up to me alone and invited me to his birthday drinks.

He then went on to say I should add him on Facebook. Later that night I added him on Facebook then he sent me a message with his mobile number and asked me if I was coming out or not. As it happens, I couldn't go.

The key issue in my mind is that he has a girlfriend. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I barely know him and he asked me to come to his birthday and gave me his phone number. If I had a boyfriend and he did this with a girl he just met i'd be a little suspicious, but maybe that's just me.

What do you think? Was he trying it on or just being friendly? I appreciate there is no definitive answer here but just want to see if people think I'm right to be thinking this way

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now but tread with caution.
No way of telling, maybe he's just being friendly. But don't take it far because he already has a girlfriend.
Would you like to date him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending