The Student Room Group

If you don't find your partner at uni or college there is no hope? True or false

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zarek
False. None of my friends met their long term partner at uni. For me uni was (sadly) a water water everywhere but not a drop to drink experience. Happy things improved in the world at work.

Yes, very much agree. The real world is simply a lot better than uni (from my experience) and I'm glad about that!
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Most people I know met their partner through work, either post-uni or they just didn't go at all.
My parents met whilst my dad was at uni, but even that wasn't through uni - they had mutual friends.

Most people I know at uni, aside from myself, are single. But I don't really count as 'met at uni' as I was with my boyfriend far before we went to uni.

So, no. I suppose uni's a good place for meeting 'like-minded people' etc etc but there are plenty more opportunities to meet people.

I've never understood this saying that you meet 'like-minded people' at uni :confused: Does that mean that people who don't go to uni aren't like-minded too?

I go to uni, but most of my friends don't go, I get on far better with them than random people on my course to be honest.
Reply 42
False, even though my parents met at uni
There's always Tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
Uni is a good place to meet many women of a certain calibre, in chilled contexts, at a certain stage in their life (before they potentially turn into e.g. mums/gold diggers/career whores/sluts/bitter and resentful, or distrustful, of men etc). I would say it is fairly unparalleled in that sense, but by no means your only shot!

What a strange post.
I'm sorry guys if you aren't academic enough to go to uni or college....You wont ever find anyone because you went straight to work...
A lot of my friends got engaged to people outside university. So yeah its false (i like to give myself hope too :biggrin:)
There's no need to feel pressure to get into dating whilst at university. Some people would rather put priority into getting a good degree mark and looking for job prospects/further study than rushing to settle down with a partner as soon as possible. Whilst many people have indeed met their significant other whilst studying at uni, as others have said already it's never too late if you're willing to put in a little bit of extra effort. In fact, an increasing number of students are turning to online dating because trying to meet other people for dates at uni can be a very daunting endeavour for some.
Original post by ifmtg
most people meet through online,they is no way you can meet someone in person and ask them for their number without looking like a creep

I think you mean most ugly wierd socially retarded people meet through online because there is no way they can meet someone in person without looking like a creep.
No, even if you meet someone at uni.. A relationship started at 21 isn't exactly guaranteed to last.
Reply 50
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
No, even if you meet someone at uni.. A relationship started at 21 isn't exactly guaranteed to last.

False
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
My parents met at uni. They are still together and all.

Kind of weird knowing that at my age my dad had already met my mum. Why am I so useless? :cry:

It really bothers me sometimes.

You're not useless, Butterfly. Pull yourself together. :colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 52
I'm inclined to say true.... I'd depends on if you plan on having a life after uni:erm:
Original post by ifmtg
False

So it's guaranteed to last...?
Original post by ParadiseFound
I think you mean most ugly wierd socially retarded people meet through online because there is no way they can meet someone in person without looking like a creep.

Hahaha!
Original post by karmacrunch
You're not useless, Butterfly. Pull yourself together. :colonhash:

Definition of useless: "Not fulfilling or not expected to achieve the intended purpose or desired outcome."

Describes perfectly my experience of relationships. Even if the desired outcome was to just go on a date or just do something at all I still qualify as useless.

Thanks for the pep talk though :tongue:
Reply 56
What about if you you don't plan on going to work after uni see they you go
I hear that 99.9% of married couples met at university. True stats.
Reply 58
Original post by onetruepurple
There's no need to feel pressure to get into dating whilst at university. Some people would rather put priority into getting a good degree mark and looking for job prospects/further study than rushing to settle down with a partner as soon as possible. Whilst many people have indeed met their significant other whilst studying at uni, as others have said already it's never too late if you're willing to put in a little bit of extra effort. In fact, an increasing number of students are turning to online dating because trying to meet other people for dates at uni can be a very daunting endeavour for some.

So true
Reply 59
Original post by mscaffrey
I hear that 99.9% of married couples met at university. True stats.

I know , I never heard a couple say they met in a pub never

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending