The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen Applicants and Offer Holders for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LilliTabea
Got an offer to study International Relations at Aberdeen. Anyone else here who is also interested in IR? Not sure if i'm going to firm though :smile:

Hey, I'm studying European Studies, so I'll have a lot of IR lectures and we probably will be in the same department. Like you, I'm still undecided! It must be a girl thing ahah. What is your other option? :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by GoingToBurst
Congrats to everyone recieving offers today! I'm a second year student at the University of Aberdeen (eeeek, until exams finish in a few of weeks!) and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have (if I can) or chat away if you want a familiar face in Aberdeen when you get here :smile:.

I, personally, would choose Aberdeen (obviously, as I'm already a student here), but the decision is ultimately up to you. No one else can tell you what it is you want to get out of your university experience, so it makes it a difficult thing to help with.
Do you value the reputation more? The style of campus? The location of the campus? The course content? The available societies/sports teams? The nightlife? The public transport? The chances of getting a job as a student?

Aberdeen has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the UK and has also been recently voted the safest student city in the UK. It is also rated higher for your course. These things are all great, but if you can see yourself fitting in at Stirling better, then it'd be in your best interest to choose them :smile:. Hope that helped a wee bit!

Hey! I need a lot of advice since I am one of the most confused person in the world. I'll be studying European Studies at the University of Aberdeen. Do you know anyone studying the same degree? My other option is Edinburgh Napier, and the course there would be International Business Languages. So confused, need some quick help! How is life there? is it difficult to make new friends? I don't know anyone at Aberdeen Uni, while I know some people at Napier. Is Aberdeen an exciting city? What do you say about accommodation?

Thank you very much and sorry for the big amount of questions I asked you. :smile:
Original post by LilliTabea
Got an offer to study International Relations at Aberdeen. Anyone else here who is also interested in IR? Not sure if i'm going to firm though :smile:

Congratulations! ^^
I applied to International Relations and Legal Studies, but still waiting for an offer
Hello everyone,

I have a doubt, I received an offer but in the file mentions that I have to satisfy prior a certain IELTS score. It's a must?
Original post by Rafael_1
Hello everyone,

I have a doubt, I received an offer but in the file mentions that I have to satisfy prior a certain IELTS score. It's a must?

Yes, it's a must. They need to be satisfied that your English is good enough to be able to study in English.
Original post by ffrattini
Hey! I need a lot of advice since I am one of the most confused person in the world. I'll be studying European Studies at the University of Aberdeen. Do you know anyone studying the same degree? My other option is Edinburgh Napier, and the course there would be International Business Languages. So confused, need some quick help! How is life there? is it difficult to make new friends? I don't know anyone at Aberdeen Uni, while I know some people at Napier. Is Aberdeen an exciting city? What do you say about accommodation?

Thank you very much and sorry for the big amount of questions I asked you. :smile:

Hey! Sorry I don't know anyone doing that course at all.

I really love life in Aberdeen, never had a problem meeting new people at all, especially starting uni. It's a great city to be in, big enough to have plenty to do but still quite small so you can access the beach and the countryside really quickly. It's great.

I've never stayed in student accommodation, so can't really comment on that, sorry!
Original post by GoingToBurst
Hey! Sorry I don't know anyone doing that course at all.

I really love life in Aberdeen, never had a problem meeting new people at all, especially starting uni. It's a great city to be in, big enough to have plenty to do but still quite small so you can access the beach and the countryside really quickly. It's great.

I've never stayed in student accommodation, so can't really comment on that, sorry!

Thank you very much :smile: I've firmed Aberdeen today, so no coming back now..
Anyone applying for those scholarships?
Original post by UpstairsMuffin
Anyone applying for those scholarships?

I might, I don't know.
Original post by katyleighx
I might, I don't know.

I want to get them if I can, because it's money. :O
It just seems bothersome applying for them! It seems like I meet the criteria for a whole bunch but I'd have to fill out an application form for each and every one? It also requires a reference.
I wish you could just contact them and have them tell you what you can get or something.
I want to get them if I can, because it's money. :O
It just seems bothersome applying for them! It seems like I meet the criteria for a whole bunch but I'd have to fill out an application form for each and every one? It also requires a reference.
I wish you could just contact them and have them tell you what you can get or something.

Yeah, it's a hassle. That's one reason I may not. But free money.
Original post by katyleighx
Yeah, it's a hassle. That's one reason I may not. But free money.

Free money! Yes! Free money is always good. ^^ I might contact the university to find out more about it.
Free money! Yes! Free money is always good. ^^ I might contact the university to find out more about it.

Free money is the best thing haha. Yeah! :smile:
Yay free money!

Hey :smile: If you do, could you please let us know something? I'd be intersted in them as well if I'm elegible to apply.
Original post by ffrattini
Hey :smile: If you do, could you please let us know something? I'd be intersted in them as well if I'm elegible to apply.

Well I emailed them asking if each one requires a separate form and they said "fill out the application forms", so that's helpful! -.-
I guess I'll try to fill out one for each. It does only ask for one on the application form.
Reply 556
Anybody else here joining Law with IR???
I still haven't heard back from Aberdeen, History! Anyone else on the same boat? :frown:
Reply 558
Unconditional Offer: MSc Real Estate - International :smile:

Anyone else in the Real Estate programme?
I've got an offer for Neuroscience with Psychology & I'm from London, so kind of a big move for me.

Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest