The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen Applicants and Offer Holders for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lottielocket2
The Access course is well worth a look. Its a fantastic course and really sets you up for what Aberdeen Uni expects from its students.

I am 28 and left school with next to no great qualifications.

Attended the access course and did 3 subjects; Law, Mathematics and English.

I am now proudly on to my dream course of Primary Education in September!

Yeah, I've had a few people point me towards the access course, so its an option for sure!
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by lottielocket2
The Access course is well worth a look. Its a fantastic course and really sets you up for what Aberdeen Uni expects from its students.

I am 28 and left school with next to no great qualifications.

Attended the access course and did 3 subjects; Law, Mathematics and English.

I am now proudly on to my dream course of Primary Education in September!

Congratulations! It's such a great course, more unis should really have one in place.
Original post by Capricorn16
I applied for their general MA, specifically History with Politics. Kicking myself for not going with the BA now, might have made all the difference. So far, I can definitely get on to History in UHI, it's something like BCC at higher to get in, presumably because it's a brand new Uni. However, I really do want to do politics, and there's nothing for that anywhere yet.

I'm really not keen to take a year out of education is the thing. I''m currently considering doing a year at UHI then re-applying for Aberdeen next year, but the thought of staying living exactly where I am just bothers me. I really do want to move, but I don't want to take a course just for the sake of it.

Nonetheless, I'd really appreciate the details to the access course, thanks so much!

funny, I'll do the same. What course are you going to do in UHI ?
Original post by azraazel
funny, I'll do the same. What course are you going to do in UHI ?

thinking about History on its own, as UHI don't seem to offer politics. However, Id like to try and do a joint honour if something opens up.

EDIT: Oh, they actually do offer History with Politics.
(edited 8 years ago)
good luck, i'll do adventure tourism management
Original post by GoingToBurst
I would call them anyway. Although if they haven't already rejected you they may still accept you with one grade lower :smile:.

If you bombed the conditions then honestly, I'm not sure phoning them would be much use unless you have extenuating circumstances or something. Is the course you applied for available via clearing? What were your conditions and actual grades?

I actually did call them, and as I was talking on the phone I logged onto Track, and it turned out that I actually did meet the conditions, so I guess it was just nerves? But I was convinced that the university had asked me for two As in my highers, but when I looked at the conditions it said that I only needed an A and a B, which is what I got, and track said my place at the university was confirmed, and later on that day I got a welcome pack. So yeah, I was a bit confused for a moment, but I'm just happy that I got in :biggrin:
Original post by Converse&Roses
I actually did call them, and as I was talking on the phone I logged onto Track, and it turned out that I actually did meet the conditions, so I guess it was just nerves? But I was convinced that the university had asked me for two As in my highers, but when I looked at the conditions it said that I only needed an A and a B, which is what I got, and track said my place at the university was confirmed, and later on that day I got a welcome pack. So yeah, I was a bit confused for a moment, but I'm just happy that I got in :biggrin:

Well done! :smile: what will you be studying?
I got my exam results by text whilst I was in the middle of the Lake District with barely any phone signal.... I got B's in Admin, Bus Man and Mods (my three subjects this year) and my conditions were one A or two B's in my Highers. Really happy!
Hope those of you waiting on A level results get the grades you need! :smile:
Has anyone been able to "Choose your courses" yet? I can't seem to log into the my curriculum page.
(edited 8 years ago)
Did that today. You have to complete registration first and then leave it 24 hours to update.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samuel_1
Has anyone been able to "Choose your courses" yet? I can't seem to log into the my curriculum page.

New undergrads aren't required to do it until the week beginning September 1st. You CAN do it early if you're registered, but an influx of new first years choosing their courses will/may crash the system for the returning students trying to choose their courses, which isn't particularly fair. This is a new system for the university so it's being staggered to try an avoid any issues.
Does anyone know where I can find details of arrival process at Hillhead?

I'm nearly set but can't find any info of where to collect id cards other than "see a member of staff".

Do I just show up on Saturday and say I'm here? I also think I won't arrive before 5 so I'm hoping people will still be around :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GoingToBurst
Well done! :smile: what will you be studying?

I'm studying English and Language & Linguistics
Awesome post on soap dish holder!:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending