The Student Room Group

Asking permission for first kiss on a date: lame or sweet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You don't need to ask. You just lean or touch her hair, and if she's not having it, believe me you'll know.
Original post by Ajibola
Saw this on another forum, and the overwhelming response was lame, but most were of a older demographics, so I was wondering what the view is here on TSR.

Mainly looking for a female perspective btw

Never ask, always tell.

For instance,
" I'm going to kiss you/ pummel your mouth with my tongue" has a greater impact than " Can I kiss you?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
The law says you need permission, and you can be done for sexual assault if it's unwanted by the woman, however nobody in the real world is going to ask for a kiss and you're going to look like a moron if you do
so.

No it doesn't, consent doesn't have to be verbal. Just do it slowly enough that she has the opportunity to lean away the first time.

My advice for first kissing (has pretty much been covered, but to spell it out)-
- lightly touch her arm/knee
- look at her and smile
- gauge her reaction (she'll usually either smile and gesture towards you or look uncomfortable and gesture away)
- lean in at a relaxed but consistant speed- no hesitating
- one kiss, nice and slow
- lean back like it was no big deal and feel like a boss
Reply 23
Sweet. It makes me feel more secure on the situation. I do think that just saying 'I want to kiss you' with a, you know, good mood and eye locking is ideal, so many butterflies <3
Original post by smeehan98
That's more just going for it tbh. And I can't for the life of me think of any way you could literally ask her without either turning it into a joke or bringing on a literal f***tonne of awkward. Neither are what you really want before going for a kiss.
I was just thinking myself if I was in this situation it would be nervewracking first time. I mean asking would make things awkward & if you try & kiss her & she doesn't want to then that's also awkward :redface: I guess first you need to make sure you've built up enough of a bond before going for it :dontknow:
Wtf you never ask to kiss

You do it you just do it
About the worst thing you can do and it just screams "dweeb" in her eyes.

If you haven't got the common sense to read basic body language and know when to move in for the kiss, you're not old enough to date.
Original post by Multitalented me
I was just thinking myself if I was in this situation it would be nervewracking first time. I mean asking would make things awkward & if you try & kiss her & she doesn't want to then that's also awkward :redface: I guess first you need to make sure you've built up enough of a bond before going for it :dontknow:

Obviously you shouldn't go for it if you aren't pretty damn certain she wants too. But it was surprisingly easy, at least for me, to work out when she wanted to without asking. It's less about the bond and more picking up on the moment.

Though it was at a party. Not sure if the rules work the same way outside of that situation, since we didn't know eachother much or really plan to meet again.
I wouldn't mind it. I think it would be sweet if a guy asked you 'Can I kiss you?' but I can see how it would be awkward if he asked that at the wrong time. Or he can just go for it (if the moment is right) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I'd think it's sweet. What if the guy was shy?
Original post by smeehan98
Obviously you shouldn't go for it if you aren't pretty damn certain she wants too. But it was surprisingly easy, at least for me, to work out when she wanted to without asking. It's less about the bond and more picking up on the moment.
Ah ok fair enough, that's good to hear!
Depends to be honest I would say don't because it'll put her on the spot and she may not be sure yet
Lame. I probably won't want to kiss by the time you finish the question. If you're gonna do it, just go for it, the more spontaneous, the better.
Beta.

Never ask, just go for it. Don't forget to grab dat ass.
Original post by iama
Sweet. It makes me feel more secure on the situation. I do think that just saying 'I want to kiss you' with a, you know, good mood and eye locking is ideal, so many butterflies <3

totally agree with you :biggrin:
Like others have said, asking would kill the mood! Spontaneous kisses are so much hotter!
I think it'd be better for someone to just sweep me off my feet and do it instead of asking and making it awkward. I think it's far less awkward if both people just read each other's body language and figure out that they want to kiss. If someone asks to kiss you it becomes a bit mechanical and like a step-by-step process in which you position yourselves, close your eyes, and attempt to kiss. This would personally make me think about it too much and it'd feel odd. However, if the person was scared of just doing it and wanted to ask then I suppose I'd find it cute, especially if it was at the end of the date, it'd be like a sweet little goodbye.
Reply 37
Original post by bookworm246love
totally agree with you :biggrin:

tehehe x3 I'm happy to hear that, the other answer is kinda overpowering here haha
Original post by iama
tehehe x3 I'm happy to hear that, the other answer is kinda overpowering here haha

yeah haha
Reply 39
Original post by keturah
I wouldn't say it was lame but I'd prefer them not to ask. Although I once said to a guy are you going to kiss me then..

Sorry, but I chuckled reading the last bit :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending